UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: I Have No Regrets~Ingrid Bergman

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I Have No Regrets~Ingrid Bergman

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 9/01/2010 08:12:00 PM
You know how a junkie 'joneses' for their next high?  I felt like that getting China Glaze's Vintage Vixen collection.  After it arrived in the mail, my hubs, later, found me in the corner of the bedroom...in a corner, holding and stroking my new collection.  I didn't look up, but I knew it was him.  I heard him gasp.

Here's why there was an addiction...
It's 'Ingrid.'  It's a smokey purple-sh gray.  And it's mine!!!!  Here I have  a BC, 2 coats of color, and the Siche Top and Vite to finish this 8-ball.

Let me be honest; the high wasn't as great as I had hoped for with Ingrid.  As shimmery as it looks in the bottle, it just didn't seem to translate onto my nails.  You can see that there is tip wear, after only 1 day.  The application, at the tips, seems to thin out too. 
See that golden shimmer?  I just couldn't seem to get it captured on my nails.  Ingrid has a brush that is the standard issue of China Glaze; it's long and very bend-y.  You really have to know your smack to get this lined up.  (Just as a note: I only know this drug lingo from watching R-rated movies, OK?)
An indoor shot seems best to show the shine and depth of Ingrid.  Smokey and rich, but no gold shimmer pay-off.
I won't give up on Ingrid.  Maybe after a detox this color will come clean.  And, I believe everyone should get a second chance.

Did you know that I used to work in the field of addiction control?  And I did some of it in Washington DC.  Ohhhh, don't get me started!!!  I'll stick with talking about polish and makeup stuff.

My giveaway is running til 9/4.  Go here and enter if you haven't done so.  It's a good hook-up!!

4 comments:

Tara on September 1, 2010 at 8:20 PM said...

I love it. Period the end. :-)

Megan Harmeyer on September 1, 2010 at 9:29 PM said...

I love your commentary. The color? Notsomuch. I'm sorry she didn't come through for you...maybe next time. LOL

Unknown on September 2, 2010 at 4:13 AM said...

ooohhh i love this color. everything that i love about polish = ingrid by china glaze :D

R.ChamberofBeauty on September 4, 2010 at 11:00 AM said...

The color is really dynamic...nice blog.try checking out mine.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates