UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: I Am Such A Snot!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I Am Such A Snot!

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 10/05/2010 05:20:00 PM
A long time ago, I dated a guy who managed a comic book/miniatures/gaming store.  Since he was always working, I hung out a lot at the store.  The paints for miniatures were as vast as the comics and graphic novels.  As I browsed through the assortment of paints, there was one that I will never forget.  It was called 'Ogre Snot.'  It was green and matte.  I loved it.  But, I loved the name better.  And that's when I started thinking about how well I could be at coming up with names of colors.

Here are some greens and some fun names for them...

The row of polishes match up with my fingers.  Oh, and I wanted to show you how one coat looked of each.
Orly's FX 'It's Not Rocket Science,' Sinful Colors' 'Call You Later,' China Glaze's Awakening 'Zombie Zest,' Finger Paints' 'Harvest Hues,' and Milani's 'One of a Kind.'

And, outside.  If you need to paint and dash, choose Finger Paints' 'Harvest Hues.'
Coat number 2.
Coat 3.  'It's No Rocket Science' is coming around but not there yet.  'Call You Later' is glitter madness.  'Zombie Zest' probably needs to have thicker coats because I have seen this 'alive' on other blogs.  'Harvest Hues,' makes the others green with envy.  'One of a Kind' is getting there too.
After 3 coats, I'm bored.  So, this is what I did.  'Harvest Hues' on the ring finger with an overlay of 'Call You Later'.  And on the pinky, 'One of a Kind' with 'Zombie Zest.'  Now, I'm having fun!
Take a look at the 5 greens out in the sun...
I cleaned all of them off but the pinky finger creation of Milani's 'One of a Kind' and an overlay with China Glaze's 'Zombie Zest.'


Yes!  I created 'Ogre Snot!'  The depth of this creation cannot be captured in a photo.  The thumb shows it the best.  Quite fitting for the Halloween season.  I still have this on today and am torn about taking it off to move on to something else.  It's terribly wicked!!!

Is 'Zombie Zest' pieces of a Zombie shredded?  Does this look like 'Ogre Snot' to you?  What does the Ogre do with the snot...like, after it's out?

10 comments:

Unknown on October 5, 2010 at 5:54 PM said...

I think snot's great !!

Unknown on October 5, 2010 at 6:02 PM said...

This was a cute post, looks like you had fun :)

Megan Harmeyer on October 5, 2010 at 6:09 PM said...

LMAO! This post had me giggling. :) I think ogres make stew outta their snots. LOL Anyway...I like the "color" you ended up with. Pretty. And doesn't look like snot at all.

The Peach on October 5, 2010 at 6:14 PM said...

Thats awesome ogre snot! What fun!

jbrobeck on October 5, 2010 at 6:26 PM said...

last time i was sick and my sinuses were disgusting, I put on its not rocket science. made me feel better!

Anonymous said...

Yucky name, cool color! lol

All Made Up on October 6, 2010 at 7:10 PM said...

lol, what an appealing name... Totally perfect what with halloween coming up n all but I don't think it'll catch on :)

Though to be honest what you've created is actually quite nice so I'd be more than happy to wear it as an every day polish!

http://mytopbeautybuys.blogspot.com/

victoria on October 6, 2010 at 8:59 PM said...

Your post was so fun to read! It was nice to see the evolution of the polish shades AND your boredom level hahaha (jk jk ^-^)

Loved the end combo!! Definitely appropriate for this month :)


xoxo
Victoria Stanell

Associate Product Editor
beautylish.com
blog.beautylish.com
twitter.com/beautylish

KarenD on October 7, 2010 at 2:44 PM said...

I have got to get Zombie Zest now so I can wear Ogre Snot, too. :) Such a great combination; One of a Kind was too dark for me on its own but love it with the glitter over top.

Jonna on October 9, 2010 at 5:31 PM said...

Heh the names sounds awesome :'D x

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates