UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: I Got A Versatile Blogger Award

Saturday, October 9, 2010

I Got A Versatile Blogger Award

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 10/09/2010 08:20:00 AM
Megan at Kitschy Suburbia awarded me with a Versatile Blogger Award.
There are some guidelines to be followed to accept this cool award.

The Rules: Tell us 7 things about you then tag 6 other blogs for this award.
(Do you love these types of awards so you can safely snoop about a blogger?!)

1:  My blog's mascot, Libby, is named after an instructor from The Firm, DVD home workout series.  Libby appears in a series that was produced at the beginning of 2002.  She was the modifier who would show the exercises at an easier level.  The lead instructor would often say 'Beginners, follow Libby!'  I loved the name.


2:  I had a total hip replacement 3 years ago this coming March.  I damaged it when I was 20 years old in a car accident.  My current doctor said I probably fractured it but it didn't show up on the X-rays back then.  When it was discovered that the joint was deteriorating, doctors said they would put replacing it off as long as possible because I was so young.  So, for my entire adult life I had lived with the pain.  Then finally 2-1/2 years ago, I threw my hands up in the air and said 'that's it!'  I found an awesome doctor who did a newer procedure that would not give me movement limitations.  I was out of the hospital in 3 days. I was doing some merchandising 15 days afterwards.  Got total clearance from my doctor in 5 weeks.  I'm living pain free, able to walk without a limp, run if I want to.
The first time I did the Pigeon Pose in yoga, I cried.  When I sat cross-legged for the first time in 26 years, I wept with joy.


3:  I've never drank coffee.  In fact, I can't stand the smell of it.  I'm a tea drinker.  Chai Latte is my very favorite.


4:  I bought a house outside of Nashville that used to be a church.  A contractor had purchased it and renovated it.  His wife decided she wanted to move to Arizona.  So he sold it.  It is a very cool house!


5:  I am an infomercial addict.  When I get up early, early in the morning, I'll scan the channels looking for something new.  I am totally fascinated by the rhetoric they use, more than the product.  If you can learn the way they use words, you'll learn how to be persuasive.


6:  I lived 7 years without a TV.  For several of those years, I traveled with my job and either lived on the road or, was home only on weekends so I didn't need it.  So, don't confuse not having one with not watching one.


7:  As a kid, I loved spending time in my bedroom.  I love to read.  I wrote poetry, made drawings and paintings, played my guitar, and organized my small collection of books into the Dewey decimal system.  When I got into trouble and got grounded, my parents couldn't ground me to my room.  They grounded me OUT of my bedroom to spend the evening WITH the family and watch TV.  I hated that!


Here are some blogs I adore:


Just Peachy
Do Not Refreeze
For Your Nails Only
Imperfectly Painted
Polish Insomniac
All You Desire


Gosh, there are many more as well.  Just check out my blog roll!

5 comments:

Leanne on October 9, 2010 at 10:10 AM said...

Haha, great facts, a really entertaining read! Thanks so much for the award :) I'm totally with you on the coffee thing by the way, I've worked in several cafes and coffee shops and have never ever had a cup before because it smells so gross! Big tea lover, though.

GaboRousseau on October 9, 2010 at 10:15 AM said...

Congrats on your award!
I LOVE Chaï latte also :)

Tara on October 9, 2010 at 11:08 AM said...

thanks for the award, hun! It's nice to hear a little bit more about you and as a result, you compelled me to do a thorough job when explaining the one you gave me!!!

<3

Erin on October 9, 2010 at 12:57 PM said...

I love these awards because you get to know a little about people that you never would have known otherwise.

I was one of those kids, too! Even up through my teen years, if my parents wanted to really punish me, they would make me spend time with the family. Lesser punishments always involved leaving my bedroom door open, which I despised as well.

jbrobeck on October 14, 2010 at 8:11 AM said...

i just realized i never said thank you!

Thank you, my friend!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates