UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Metal Gear Nails

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Metal Gear Nails

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 6/06/2010 08:12:00 PM
A pedicure and a manicure can make you feel so pampered.   And, having professional ones makes all the difference.  I, finally!, got that pedicure that was needed.  And the manicure helped tame my cuticles and shape my nails uniformly.

Here's Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure in 'Pedal to the Metal.'  This picture is taken at the sunny window.
Here's the sunshiny, outside light one.  That's some strange anomaly on the ring finger.  Not there in real life.
There...that's better.  And this is a much better representation of this color.  It's a dusty, lavender, slightly metallic flavor.  Oh, and the husband had on the matching shirt.  Just by accident...
And what a great pedicure!  I got one with lots of massaging.  And sloughing.  And tidying up the nails.  Here's a cutie, Eva Supreme Nail Laquer in 'Paris'...

Outside in some beautiful sunlight.  It was rare today, but I got some!

A closer look of my mermaid-colored toes and the lacquer.
The sunny window did a fair job of catching this frosty, light green polish.  It makes me think of sea foam.  Even though real sea foam is white. :p  It looks like a very pale green metallic.

Both of these are with 2 coats after a BS.  At the salon she put a top coat on and when I got home I added 2 coats of Seche Clear and then finished with Seche Vite.

Both colors are pale and pastel.  I think they are very light and feminine.  Neither my hands or feet are screaming 'COLOR'!!!!

And flashing back...here is an eye shadow from Essence I picked up at Ulta on Friday:

Not only does it match the tank top I was wearing, but it goes with my nails as well.  This 'new to me orange' is called 'Wild One' from the Sparkling Line.  The photo doesn't quite show the shadow's sparkles.  It looks, actually, matte in the photo.  But it has a shimmer with teeny little sparkles. 

'Wild One' is an appropriate name, I never used orange shadow.  I feel wild wearing orange, and blue for that matter, eye shadows.  However, I have seen some super cute makeup blogs and tutorials using orange.  There's MissChievous , Lauren Luke and Frantastic  just a few of my very favorites.  I liked the look so I'm going for it!  Caution to the wind!  I'm deviating from a middle-aged woman to a wanton girl!  Yea...I know...that's really funny.  Or...scary.

1 comments:

KarenD on June 10, 2010 at 9:40 AM said...

I have never had a professional mani or pedi; keep thinking I should try it at least once but never quite seem to get around to it. Love Pedal the Metal on you!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates