UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Hi. I'm Kimberly and I'm a Snoop. (Hi, Kimberly)

Monday, October 17, 2011

Hi. I'm Kimberly and I'm a Snoop. (Hi, Kimberly)

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 10/17/2011 07:35:00 PM
I hope you have been paying attention when I talk about finding new stuff at Walgreens. I talked about it here. And then, Miss Mimi, of Makeup Withdrawal, found this information valuable too. Check out what she discovered here.

Now, I'll show you what I found last weekend....

I found this Cover Girl holiday collection up on that 'secret' high shelf at Walgreens. And this was about 2-1/2 hours from my home. See, I went to St. Petersburg/Treasure Island last weekend. My sister and her new husband got married on Sunday, 10/9. This Walgreens was just down a couple of blocks from our hotel.

Since I do merchandising for a living, I'm pretty bold in checking stuff out once it is out on the floor. So I had no problem taking this display off the top shelf, setting it on the bottom shelf and pulling the makeup out and snapping some photos to show you.

Quite honestly, I don't know anything more about this collection than what I see here...
This collection has a liquid shadow, an eyeliner and a lipstick. Three different sets: Shimmer and Shine, Sugar and Spice and Starry Night.

The shadows...



The eyeliners...

The brown was in two different collections.

Yummy lipstick colors...



And last Sunday, I went on a scavenger hunt for the Wet 'n Wild Ice collection, their holiday release.

So, you'd like to see how 'looking up' at Walgreens can pay off?
I found a full, untouched display of these. I took the display off the top shelf and took it right to the cosmetic counter to pay for it. I was so overjoyed that I forgot to take photos first. And I even laughed out loud when the sales person told me she didn't 'think' she could give me the display. Forget the display, lady!!! Sell me those polishes!!!!!

These where not on the high shelves but, they were on a side panel and almost picked over. Here are the goods...

The top photo is the new Wet 'n Wild baked collection. And the latter is the new 8 palette matte shadows.

Swatches of the Ice polishes and the shadows will be coming up right away.

Know the moral of this post? Increase your chances of finding new and exciting beauty items by checking the shelves at the very top at Walgreens.

Some Walgreens and CVS stores do not have that top shelf, and that's sad. But many do. Have you already started peeking up on the top shelves?

12 comments:

The Peach on October 17, 2011 at 8:18 PM said...

Yay! Great score! I have found it always pays to look up at both Walgreens and Wal-Mart!

Mimi (MakeupWithdrawal) on October 17, 2011 at 9:24 PM said...

<3 you so much for telling me all about the top shelf!
I NEED that matte palette. I'm so sad that my Walgreens didn't have that or the baked ColorIcon shadows.

Anonymous said...

Curious: what do you need two sets of the entire nail polish collection for? do you give them out to friends/family... or actually expect to use them up yourself?

Amy on October 17, 2011 at 10:23 PM said...

I live in St. Pete! Which Walgreens was this? I haven't seen any of these yet!

Libby's Pink Vanity on October 17, 2011 at 10:31 PM said...

@Peach Smart girl! :)

@Mimi Don't dispair; they are still just coming out and you might get a score on those.

@Anony Ahhh, you are keen of mind. I don't expect to use them all up myself. I don't have that much time left on the planet. But, I'm known to come up with some nice giveaways. Or, I could just make out like a bandit and sell them on ebay. Are you interested in them?

@Amy The makeup and Del Sol was at the Walgreens at Treasure Island. It was the one closest to the Thunderbird Hotel. (Not the hotel that I stayed at though.)

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Those WNW polishes look awesome! I might have to go to Walgreens tomorrow! haha!

Erika on October 18, 2011 at 1:17 AM said...

Thanks to you, I do look up, now. Haven't seen anything up there, yet but I am keeping my eyes peeled.

Now I need to find those palettes! :D

Libby's Pink Vanity on October 18, 2011 at 8:30 AM said...

@imfeelingnail-venturous At the very least, you can look at them to see if they are just as spectacular in real life.

@Ice Queen Good luck on your hunt. I can pretty much bank on the Wet 'n Wild palettes not being up on the high shelf. That beauty bar comes pre-loaded and they wouldn't set that up on the shelf. One thing that surprised me is that they don't have but maybe 4 of each product. That will go fast!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the polish coup! Looking forward to some swatches. :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on October 18, 2011 at 7:34 PM said...

@peacelovepolish Thank you, sweets! I'm looking forward to it as well. lol

G. on October 18, 2011 at 7:42 PM said...

YAY!!! Congrats on finding (and buy) all the Ice Babies!!!! Whoo hoo!!! I cannot wait to see your swatches, love. :)

PS: Those CG sets look to be all core collection shades. Boo!! :/

G. on October 18, 2011 at 7:42 PM said...

make that "and buying"

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates