UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Target's Beauty Bag Samples

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Target's Beauty Bag Samples

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 10/11/2011 04:32:00 PM
It is so reassuring to discover that I am not the only person that loves to get mail. Following some of my favorite people, both on Twitter and on blogs, it is exciting to hear about that cool things they get in the mail.

Here's what I got today and I'm still jumping up and down...
This cute bag is the Target Beauty Bag. I signed up for it over 2 months ago and this is my second one. Oh, and this point if very important to me; this is all free.

This bag was stuffed, literally, with samples...

Quite an assortment of well-known discount store beauty items.

Here's what was in it...
At the top, that is a coupon book. I'll come back to that in a moment. Next is a bottle of Daily Moisturizing Lotion from Aveeno, fragrance free (I use Aveeno face wash so I'm familiar with this brand). A Xela Pack© of Burt's Bees, Radiance Daily Lotion with an SPF 15 (I have Burt's Bees Cuticle Butter). Pond's Wet Cleansing Towelettes, Evening Soothe with chamomile and white tea. This got the Allure's 2010 Best of Beauty Award (I am familiar with Ponds, but this will be my first time using their product).
How about 3 different brand samples of shampoo and conditioner? First is John Frieda's Full Body Repair.The sample notes that it 'weightlessly repairs to restore full style. For damage from frequent heat styling & coloring' (I have used Frieda's conditioner for humidity per recommendation from a friend). Next are samples of Garnier' Fructis Fortifying formulas that are 92% biodegradable (I use many different Garnier products).

And shown after Garnier is, Tresemme's Naturals Nourishing Moisture formulas. The shampoo is listed as having lower sulfates and the conditioner is silicone free (I have, also, used Tresemme products before).

Next to the Aveeno lotion is L'oreal's Youth Code, Day/Night Cream. Youth Regenerating Skincare?...oh, sign me up! (I definitely have L'oreal stuff but have never tried this line).

So, let me get back to the coupon book that was included. Yes, I said book. Here's why...
The front says 'Save Over $20 Beautiful Bucks.' There are 17 different coupons. Of course, there are coupons for the very items in this sample bag, and, as well as pages that give you more info on these items.

Then, there are coupons for other products that I actually do use: $1 off Cover Girl; $1 off Neutrogena cosmetics; $1 off Revlon products; $1 off Sally Hansen Nail Care items, and several more brands. All coupons are for $1 or more save for a couple of Pantene and Suave items, which are very inexpensive to begin with.

Compared to a monthly program for samples that might cost up to $10, I find my Target beauty bag gives me what I can readily purchase and get an opportunity to try products from brands I already know.

Oh, and the bag...doesn't every girly-girl need cute makeup bags?

What do you think about Target's Beauty Bag?

I took these photos with my new camera. Can you tell the difference?

13 comments:

Unknown on October 11, 2011 at 4:38 PM said...

I got the exact same bag! I was a little disappointed with it.. I'd rather have more makeup than skin/hair care. But the bag is SUPER cute, and it was all free.. so I'm not going to complain! ♥

theVEROblog on October 11, 2011 at 4:50 PM said...

I received mine today too! Mine did not have the Aveeno lotion though. I am mostly excited about the bag because I use the sonia kashuk bag from the last target sample bag as my makeup bag =] This one is just as great!

NiftyBa on October 11, 2011 at 4:56 PM said...

Nice pics! Just opened my Target beauty freebie a few minutes ago- I love the quality of the bag!

EVERYTHINGSDIAMOND on October 11, 2011 at 4:56 PM said...

I ordered one, I wonder if I got it today, I will check.. those are great items.. and coupons...stack away sister

Anonymous said...

How often they do this? Is it every year? I signed up a while back but never got one. I should check my mailbox!

Makeup and Mutts on October 11, 2011 at 9:52 PM said...

I can't wait to get this! The bag is so cute :)

Erika on October 11, 2011 at 9:58 PM said...

I requested one of these bags but haven't received it, yet. I am not holding my breath. With my luck, my order didn't go through, or something. lol

Enjoy your goodies. The Loreal Youth Code Day/Night cream is nice, I have used it in the past. It just isn't quite moisturizing enough for me. (I am a dried up old hag.) :D

Mimi (MakeupWithdrawal) on October 11, 2011 at 10:32 PM said...

I love your new camera, it takes fantastic pics! What is it?
There's nothing nicer than getting free stuff!

Very Emily on October 12, 2011 at 7:53 AM said...

How awesome is this! The bag is super cute too. I so wish I lived in the US... And yes the pictures are amazing! Quality is really good!

B on October 12, 2011 at 11:45 PM said...

What the hex? How have I never heard about Target's Beauty Bag? I have soooo got to get on the list.

The Peach on October 13, 2011 at 12:19 AM said...

Great stuff in there! I did the last Target Beauty Bag, guess I wasn't aware they were doing another round of them! And yes, I love getting the mail too :)

MissMidnightBlue said...

I never did sign up for this I completely forgot all about it. :| I'll have to try to remember the next time to do it. Looks like some nice stuff in your bag. :)

Anonymous said...

How/where do you sign up for this? I've been checking Target's website and I never see anything. Help! I want one. :(

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates