UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: It Was a Cold, Rainy Night...For Pumpkin Polishes

Thursday, October 27, 2011

It Was a Cold, Rainy Night...For Pumpkin Polishes

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 10/27/2011 06:58:00 PM
Pleasant surprises are one of the top things I love about life. I love to get/find them and I love to give them.

A twin twitter friend, Somecrazedlady, sent me a delightful, pleasant surprise package in the mail. (Ask her why we are 'twins'.) She sent me Julep's Hand Brightening Creme and some hand/nail softening gloves. She also sent me the ghostie design from the Sally Hansen sticker nails and a sample of CND foot creme....hmmm...fresh and smells like cucumbers.

Then, if those wonderful items were not enough (and they were!), she included these...
Pumpkin polishes!!!!! And the top two glitters EVER!!!  On the left is the one that has iridescent quarter moon shaped glitter and regular size glitter. Then in the middle is my own Finger Paints in 'Stunning Stilettos', which I used as a base color. The pumpkin on the right is iridescent bar glitter. I'm in the camp that loves bar glitter, some say they feel it's too hairy. But, I think it's adorable.

I swatched these the day after I received them...

I alternated fingernails with both as I couldn't do just one. Plus, I loved the look and actually got some compliments on it when I was out and about working.

I picked 'Stunning Stilettos' as the base color as I wanted to emulate a sense of a dark, cloudy night with the moon flitting in and out of wispy clouds. When I was a kid, we called that 'spooky moon.' It is a total set up for a movie with a werewolf howl. :)

Twin sister, Somecrazedlady, you are the BEST!!! Thank you, again, for your sweetness.  Great Big Hugs!!!

I posted that my brother, his wife and daughter came to Orlando to do the touristy thing and to see me. My niece and sister-in-law have never been to the Atlantic Ocean. So we took a day trip to Daytona Beach.

Here is a photo of mom and daughter enjoying the shore line...
My October Pink Giveaway ends this Sunday. If you haven't entered yet, this is where the post is located at....HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates