UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Warm & Fozzie; OPI Touches Your Soft Side

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Warm & Fozzie; OPI Touches Your Soft Side

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 10/02/2011 09:08:00 PM
There's still a giddy feeling about finding the OPI Muppets collection, a month early. Natch, all polishes I had lined up for this weekend got swept aside.

Before I even purchased these bad boys, I knew I was going to swatch this one first: 'Warm & Fozzie'...


Kind of spell-binding just looking at it trying to figure out how to even describe it.
Starting from the beginning; it's brown. It has micro-glitter that is orange, yellow, and green iridescent. At least from what I can see. It's what I call 'busy', but in a very, very good way. :)

When I swatch the polish on white paper, the base shows up as a grayish taupe. But all of the glitter builds up and you don't see the base color.
 I cannot lie, I didn't snap this photo on purpose. However, it does show a good blurred look at the polish.
There are probably dupes out there. I don't have one. I tried...
One thing I learned when I took makeup artist lessons is, that the mind's eye isn't reliable on remembering colors. I thought Icing's 'Paparazzi' was a bit browner until I got it out and compared the two. But in this comparison shot, you can see how brown 'Warm & Fozzie' is next to 'Paparazzi' which is a warm pink.

 This is 2 coats and no top coat. You can see on my index finger that I had a bald spot. I chased it around and got it to look mostly hidden under normal inspection. The polish felt gritty, a bit, but that rarely bugs me. But, other than that, the polish applied OPI perfect.

So, I have a bit of a confession to make. I do love the Muppets. I love Ralph (does anyone remember when he was on the Jimmy Dean Show? Yea, I'm that old!) and Kermit and Beaker. Even the old dudes are funny. However....I do not like Fozzie. (Ducks and runs out of the room before you can throw old banana peels at me!!)

11 comments:

Mimi (MakeupWithdrawal) on October 2, 2011 at 9:28 PM said...

I absolutely love it on you! As soon as I get paid, I am getting my hands on this baby. If it looks half as good on me as it does you, I'll be very satisfied :)

mrsrexy on October 2, 2011 at 9:39 PM said...

So jealous you have these already...not around my area yet...and that ring is awesome!

Swatch And Learn on October 2, 2011 at 9:45 PM said...

This colour looks nice on you! :) And your skull ring is cool. Do you remember where you got it from?

Libby's Pink Vanity on October 2, 2011 at 10:27 PM said...

@Mimi It will look DARLING on you! You might have to wait for it to 'offically' come out though.

@mrsrexy Thanks! I love my thumb ring.

@Swatch and Learn Thanks, Mary. :) I got that ring back in March when we went to Daytona Beach's Bike Week. I usually get a memento/souvenir when I go to special events/places.

Anonymous said...

I want this collection SO bad!

Nicole on October 2, 2011 at 10:55 PM said...

This is such a beauty!I love how it almost looks like a different color in different lights.

Beyond Blush on October 2, 2011 at 11:02 PM said...

looks awesome on you! I can't wait to try this one out!

Mimi (MakeupWithdrawal) on October 2, 2011 at 11:09 PM said...

I hope I can find it before November! Shouldn't be a problem, I always see collections at CosmoProf weeks, even months early. Never have time to go now though :(

MissMidnightBlue said...

I need this, I need this, I need this. :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on October 3, 2011 at 8:14 AM said...

@imfeelingnail-venturous It does have all the nail blogging community a-buzz!

@Nicole I'm really looking forward to you swatching these. :)

@OPI Addict Thanks! That means a lot to me. You are going to rock them!!!

@Mimi I hope you can get it before Nov. too. Yes, if you see it at CosmoProf, you know they are 'made' and sitting somewhere. It's just a matter of them shipping out to the distributors.

@MissMidnightBlue You need! You need! You NEED!!!

Libby's Pink Vanity on October 3, 2011 at 6:29 PM said...

@Nailderella Thank you! Are you going to get it too?

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates