UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Tool Tuesday: Plastic Bowl For Mineral Makeup Foundation

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tool Tuesday: Plastic Bowl For Mineral Makeup Foundation

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 3/13/2012 08:53:00 PM
Tool Tuesday is a fun series for me to plan. The feedback I am getting is that the items I show are different and many had no idea there was such a thing. Great! My work is being done. :)

This one is more of a tip than an actual tool. However, I do use something unique to make something easier and tidier...
I use mineral foundation and have for about 12 years. Mineral makeup is known to be a bit messy (OK, it's pretty messy), and since I don't like to be wasteful, I came up with an idea to keep the minerals off the vanity and on my face.

I use a little Lock-N-Lock container that holds just a wee bit more than 3 ounces. It's very small, doesn't even cost over $2 and it doesn't take up too much room in my makeup drawer...

I take the original container of the mineral foundation...

As you can see, this is a very small container that the minerals came it. There's no way I can get that on my brush without spilling a lot. So, I tap a bit of the minerals into the Lock-N-Lock container...
And, just as easy as that, I now have enough room to load my brush up, tap off the excess powder and not waste a bit.
And since I like to mix up different combinations of foundation, say, during the summer I might add a bit of tan color into my regular shade, I can mix up a separate batch for one application or, I can make a larger batch, if need be.

And the Lock-N-Lock container washes up easily enough, either by hand or in the dishwasher. You can use a glass or metal dish too. But, since I have tile floors and a marble vanity (Oh, did you REALLY think it was pink?!), I don't have to worry about breaking glass this way. Plus, the plastic container is shallow enough that it sets in my makeup drawer quite nicely. And the puffy kabuki brush swirls in it so easily.

How do you get your mineral foundation onto your brush?

2 comments:

Kim Snyder on March 13, 2012 at 11:48 PM said...

What a cool idea! I got some little bowls from a Tupperware party I went to that are even smaller. I bet they would work great for applying mineral foundation with.
Thanks for you post Kimberly! I would of never thought of doing this.

Pink Pamalamma on May 31, 2012 at 10:44 AM said...

Cool idea! I just pour a bit of powder into the lid and swirl and tap there, but this idea seems like it would be more convenient. And I like the idea of being able to "Franken" new shades. :)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates