UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: The Interesting and Marvelous World of Zoya's Faye

Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Interesting and Marvelous World of Zoya's Faye

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 5/08/2011 04:54:00 PM
Because of the Internet, I have made friends with people I would never have gotten to know in real life.  One of my friends is Fay. I met her through an online fitness group I have been with for over 8 years.

Fay is so amazing.  At 73 (maybe more, I've lost track!), she works out at least 5-6 times a week. I'm not talking about going out for just a walk. Fay lifts some heavy weights, makes it through Boot Camp workouts and enjoys doing Pilates on her Pilates machine. She not only inspires me, but all who are a part of our close-knit fitness group.

So, this post is in her honor. This manicure is with Zoya's 'Faye'...

Gosh darn, this is a beautiful color! Yet I can't say whether it's a golden red-purple or a purple-y gold. I can tell you that it is simply yummy.

The polish looks rosy but it has a more purple tone to it.  I have on Finger Paint's base coat, 3 coats of 'Faye' and topped it off with Color Club's 'Eco Chic' top coat.
This color works so well with my cool tone skin. I can wear this polish for anything. There's nothing boring at all with 'Faye'.

In closing, my friend, Fay, is super cool. I'm glad to have 'met' her and share our common goal and interest in fitness together.

I found a lot of family and friends' names with Zoya. They even had my name, even though it was a different spelling.  Does Zoya have your name?

11 comments:

LiAnn - Sparklecrack Central on May 8, 2011 at 5:00 PM said...

They do have a Lianne...but it's not only a different spelling, it's a bright orange, which is a color I don't like for manicures.

I fell in love with Faye when I looked at the bottle. I wore that color for a week (even though I had several other manicures to be photographed, I couldn't bear to remove that one!!)

FOREVER '92 on May 8, 2011 at 5:01 PM said...

Hi Fay *waves* (If she reads this) ^_^

-This is such an amazingly gorgeous color!!

Ngelic on May 8, 2011 at 5:08 PM said...

I love the Sunshine Collection so much!
Ohhh, makes me so jealous looking at this!

Christine on May 8, 2011 at 5:17 PM said...

Thats one gorgeous nail polish ^^

Xoxo Christine
http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

The Peach on May 8, 2011 at 6:24 PM said...

What a sweet post and what an awesome color! Zoya's Faye is beautiful!

MissMidnightBlue on May 8, 2011 at 6:38 PM said...

zoya does have my name and I need to get it. Aaaaand its blue too. ^-^

I like this color its pretty. :)

Swatch And Learn on May 9, 2011 at 9:54 AM said...

That was really kind of you to dedicate a post to Fay. Your friend sounds very inspirational and unique! Good for her for defying the stereotype of 70+ year olds! :) (And Zoya Faye looks incredible, too!)
- Mary

Libby's Pink Vanity on May 9, 2011 at 9:22 PM said...

@LiAnn I'll take 'close' on the name...lol. I don't see Kimberly or Kim used to often.

@Forever '92 yes, it really is!

@Christine Do you own this one? If not, oooh, you should get it!

@Peach Hey, Girlie! Faye is a new fav. :)

@MissMidnight Which color is that?

@SwatchAndLearn Fay is inspirational. I know women in their 30's who can't/won't do what she does.

Anonymous said...

I still haven't gotten this one yet. Pretty color!

Libby's Pink Vanity on May 11, 2011 at 6:40 AM said...

@kittypolishnbags don't wait! It's my fav so far from Zoya.

april brooks on May 16, 2011 at 2:53 PM said...

Faye is one of my new favorite colors. Great post!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates