UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: ELF Lips and Fairy Eyes

Friday, December 24, 2010

ELF Lips and Fairy Eyes

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 12/24/2010 07:10:00 PM
For about 4 months, the local Dollar Tree stores have not had much to talk about.  However, I let the 'pull' get the best of me and I stopped in one just to see if anything had changed.

Oh, goody!!!  I did find something I liked...
 Six different shades of ELF Minty Lip Gloss.  I figured since they were a buck a piece, spending $6 for all wasn't going to have me digging under the couch cushions for gas money.
Very, very sheer.  I don't find that they change the color of my lips much.  But if you like to keep your lips glossed and only want the slightest inkling of color, you'll like these.  Sometimes I only want a slight tint.  And the minty part, oh yea.  It's minty and feels fresh.

Here's the colors, in the same order from the product photo and swatched photo:
Seattle, Los Angeles, Houston, New York City, Boston and Chicago.

As you can tell from the tube, it has a doe-foot applicator.  It smooths on the gloss very nicely.  It feels a bit tacky in the beginning.  But after awhile, I didn't notice that.  Either it smoothed out or I just got used to it.  However, it didn't slide all around so that's a plus.

My first favorite:  Los Angeles.  Softer than a bubblegum pink but has soft gold sparkles...
No other color on my lips, just the gloss.  I should have put a photo up of naked lips so you could see the contrast.  However, this puts very little color on me.

Here's Boston.  It is an orangy-red with red sparkles...
It doesn't even look that different.  But for a buck, I recommend getting your favorite color.

Then I picked up some L A Colors eye shadow at Rue 21. 
And what is neat about these is that the sparkle is not just sprayed on the top.  It is through the entire shadow pan.  With Pixy Ipoxy, these shadows went on bold.
Here is a look I wore using the pinks and purples.  I did use NYX 'Yogurt' shadow stick for the highlight below my brow.  It wore very well.

So, I'm going to learn how to take photos of my face and not have such a blue cast to them.  I took the photos of my lips and eyes at the sunny window hoping it would give a better representation of the color.  The skin tone doesn't show true, but the purple in the shadow colors did really good, especially with purple being a pistol to capture.

Are you a lip gloss person?  How about the shadow palettes; it that something you'd pick?




2 comments:

Lucy on December 24, 2010 at 9:42 PM said...

There hasn't been any polishes in the Dollar Store for a month now. Phooey! I won't buy these if I see them. Too shear for me. I like lipgloss but I like color on my lips. I like those shadow palettes. Nice bold colors. Have a Merry Christmas.

The Peach on December 26, 2010 at 1:34 PM said...

Looks like you found some great stuff at your Dollar Store! I haven't been in a Dollar Store in so long. Its really hit and miss for me. But love the glosses and shadows! You can't go wrong for one dollar!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates