UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Just How Much Red Polish Can You Get During the Holidays?

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Just How Much Red Polish Can You Get During the Holidays?

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 12/18/2010 10:37:00 AM
In days of yore, there were no Holiday polishes.  One had to just pull a red out of their minimal stash and call that the Christmas polish.  There weren't any Holiday makeup collections either.  Yes, I'm talking waaaay back.  Like when Santa was a baby.

This polish is not from a Holiday collection, but has come out during this season.  Better than good enough, it is Holiday polish!

From a  new Milani collection, One Coat Glitter,  this is 'Red Sparkle.'
Don't judge the boring name, 'Red Sparkle', by the color of this HOT Red!  Rich in pigment, this is a saucy blue-red that could not have any more red sparkles in it.  And even though it says 'one coat,' I did two.
This is the nubbins swatching hand.  The middle nail broke so I went a-whackin'.  I was playing with some looks and used shadows to try a sexy look for this red.

I wanted to capture that sparkle-topia.  You can see how rich it is.  And it was 'rich' to remove.  That's no surprise with a micro-glitter, or, any glitter at all.
Even in the middle of Florida, this spells Christmas!

'Red Sparkle' was easy to apply.  Boy, you better not get any on your skin because it was hard to clean this one up.

I've always loved to wear red; red polish, red suit, red shoes, red lipstick, red coat. (I feel like the 'shrimp' scene in Forrest Gump.)  

How about you?  Or, do you only wear red glitters for the Holidays?  Got a favorite of all time red?

5 comments:

OnceBitten on December 18, 2010 at 11:01 AM said...

I think my favorite all time red, because of the name alone is Butter London's Come To Bed Red - It's too bright for me as a manicure but I love it as a summer pedi :)

Megan Harmeyer on December 18, 2010 at 11:24 AM said...

Very pretty! I saw this in the store the other day but passed it up. Maybe I'll go back...

Thifa on December 18, 2010 at 11:27 AM said...

When they're this pretty, you can get a lotttt! Beautiful red! :)

Anonymous said...

Red Sparkle is stunning! I just finished swatching a million and one reds and said I wouldn't be buying anymore, but I might have to get this one.

Like when Santa was a baby, lol. My laugh for the day!

MissMidnightBlue on December 18, 2010 at 3:28 PM said...

LOL Like when Santa was a baby! Haha

I Like this red! I'm Loving Ruby Pumps! That's gonna be my Christmas mani. ;)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates