UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: What Does Good King Wencelas Drink?

Saturday, December 4, 2010

What Does Good King Wencelas Drink?

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 12/04/2010 07:21:00 PM
As long as it is the Holiday Season, let's just max it out!  I made this one with the name 'Good King Wencelas Blacks Out.'  Here's why...

I started off with a couple of coats of Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in 'Black Out.'  This is my core, solid black polish I keep on hand (literally!).   

Then, I used the new Holiday polish from Finger Paints, 'Sparkle Top Coat.'  I can't believe I just had to look on the bottle to remember the name.  Like, it's so memorable and all. *eye roll*

It would have been very easy to miss this polish at Sally's.  The ones that I have visited have it buried amongst all the other impulse purchases at the cash wrap.
Looks like snow with the sun dancing off of it.  Reminds me of Good King Wenceslas.  (Rendition by Loreena McKennitt, one of my favorite musical artists.)

I think a clever person would have named this polish 'Good King Wenceslas.'  Top Coat is so, so...so generic.  But the polish is not.  It's sparkly!!!  Micro iridescent glitter suspended perfectly in the clear base just like a Cirque du Soleil performer.  (Warning: don't click on the previous link if you do not like hunky, six-pack abs men in very tight tights.  Just sayin'...)

 So, 'King Wenceslas' lays one on for a 'Black Out.'  But no one pitches a fit because it ends up looking so ritzy.

You can just barely see the iridescent flickers. 
Ahhhh, very sparkly!  And these are being hidden away because 1) I don't wear flip flops and 2) it's actually cool here in Orlando.  I'm going to get my 5 days of boot wearing time!

What do you think Good King Wenceslas drinks?  My guess is Wassail

5 comments:

The Peach on December 4, 2010 at 7:59 PM said...

Very interesting! I'm going to have to get by Sally's to pick up the "Sparkle Top Coat." They really need a better name for it! Way too generic! But what a fun holiday pedi!

I have my white polish and China Glaze's Party Hearty sitting on my desk, waiting for me to do my pedi tomorrow! I'm really going to start having to do so obnoxious, over the top, holiday pedi's for the rest of the weeks up til Christmas!

jbrobeck on December 4, 2010 at 8:26 PM said...

Lovely combo! My toes are not visible either, as we have snow on the ground, but I painted them with Phat Santa - ONE COAT! I love one coaters for my toes!

OnceBitten on December 4, 2010 at 9:50 PM said...

**I can't believe I just had to look on the bottle to remember the name. Like, it's so memorable and all. *eye roll* ** bwahahaha! you crack me UP!

It may be cool out right now, but I'm still wearing my flippies - that's one of the things I love about Florida - flip flop season is all year round :D

Libby's Pink Vanity on December 5, 2010 at 9:01 AM said...

@Peach That combo is going to put you in a festive mood, for sure. I hope you got a nice pedi too.

@jbrobeck Can you believe? I didn't pick up Phat Santa. I'm beginning to regret that.

@Kari I liked you a WHOLE lot before you said something about your yearly wear of flip flops. ;p I truly miss wearing boots. I think they are sexy!

Unknown on December 6, 2010 at 9:48 PM said...

Hi neighbor I see we live in Central Florida :) I have that fingerpaint top coat. I think it would look nice over any creme :)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates