UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Is the Christmas 'Beast' Gone Hog Wild?

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Is the Christmas 'Beast' Gone Hog Wild?

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 12/02/2010 09:03:00 PM
Just Peachy has me pegged this month.  She has kidded me about going 'hog wild' with mattes and blings and such.  If you want to check out some very cute and doable mineral makeup looks, you can check out her blog here.  She's the cutest tom boy I've ever seen!

Yep, I think Christmas/Winter Holidays are all about excess.  Can you think of one thing that is known to be 'held back' at this time of year?  Food, no.  Spending, hell no!  Alcohol, no.  Being with family, no.  Bling? Oh, Hell, No!!

This mani is so festive I couldn't take it off tonight.  I want to wear it just one more day.


This is Milani's 'Melt With U.'  I picked it up this summer.  So, actually, it's not from a Holiday collection.  But anything that is this fiery red and sparkly becomes a Holiday nail wear automatically in my stash.  The photos make it more orange than it is in real life.  Shimmery red with golden shimmers within.  If you wear this for summer, it could be a July 4th color.  However, it screams 'Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown' to me. 
Sunny window.
Bright Florida sunshine.

This Milani is a charm to apply.  Most are.  This one looked quite nice with one coat but I did a second for maximum coverage.  I have the regular BC, 1 Seche Clear, 2 color coats, 1 Seche Clear and then Quick 'n Slick for the top coat.  I actually wore this mani a day before spicing up...


Green star rhinestones and some white dot rhinestones.  All random.  All Bling.  I used one of the dotting tools I got in a kit that was my first giveaway winnings.  The rhinestones I got in a lot package at the beauty supply store.  After placing the stones, I used a couple of coats of Seche Vite to keep them in place.  Over night only one came off and that was a star off the pinky.  Other than that, I worked today and nary a one popped off.

For the Holiday, I'm going to be flying to Denver to be with my brother and his family.  I think I will recreate this mani or a very similar one when I go.  Not that I expect my brother to notice (however, he is a very loving, perceptive man) but, it will help me feel more in a festive mood too.  I think the snow and cold weather won't hurt either!

Do you have your Holiday/Christmas mani planned out yet?

8 comments:

Wendi_ThroatPunch on December 2, 2010 at 9:17 PM said...

This is sofreaking cute!

shortwidenails on December 2, 2010 at 10:05 PM said...

xmas is time of the BLING to go all out for sure!!! man i'm getting excited just thinking about it!

liquoredonlacquer on December 2, 2010 at 11:55 PM said...

Really adorable!!! ♥

The Beauty B. on December 3, 2010 at 12:46 AM said...

Really pretty color! I'm loving the bling!!

Megan Harmeyer on December 3, 2010 at 8:18 AM said...

That color is good on you - I'm on a quest to find the perfect orange. Don't have a specific mani planned out other than a red and green marble rolling around in my head.

The Peach on December 3, 2010 at 9:31 AM said...

Haha! I have really been loving all of your holiday manis! I wish I could grow my fingernails long enough to do fun manis!

This is another great one! Love this red! And the bling is so much fun! I think I'm going to do a white pedi with China Glaze's Party Hearty this weekend! You inspired me!

Unknown on December 3, 2010 at 11:01 AM said...

Happy Holidays and bring on the bling, this color is hot on you :)

Sinead on December 4, 2010 at 7:27 AM said...

Love the stars and the colour is gorgeous! Must look out for the brand in Ireland :)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates