UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Liberace's Favorite

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Liberace's Favorite

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 12/07/2010 07:34:00 PM
Even though my nails are really crappy right now, I shouldn't let that stop me from posting swatches of past.  Funny how I don't think about posting when my current nail condition has nothing to do with past recorded manicures.   I need to get over that one!

Do I like Orly or, do I like China Glaze more?  Hmmm...I don't know if I can answer that one.  I really like both of them.   And I'm even harder pressed to chose one with the cool Holiday collections they gave us this year.

I'm on a gold kick!  Where I never would have imagined wearing something so presumptuous as gold polish, I am now enamored.  This swatch is with Orly's 'Glitz and Glamour.'  Before you look at the photos, you just might want to put on a pair of dark shades; this gold has its high beams on.

 

These photos were taken at the sunny window.  The consistency of the polish fascinated me.  I am pleased with myself that I was able to capture it with the camera.  The polish is  a gold base with more gold glitter in it than Liberace's wardrobe. 
                                                          Michael S. Yamashita / Corbis
Well....after looking at this photo from his museum (now defunct), maybe I'm exaggerating a bit.  (Ya think?)



Outside in the sun, it blazes like the sun, doesn't it?  The amount of gold color is unbelievable.  The photo has more copper tones showing, but it truly is a perfect shade of gluttonous, glittering gold.  (I lopped off a chunk of my nail on my middle finger.  Totally bummed that it is on my swatching hand too.)

Orly was spot on by naming this 'Glitz and Glamour'.  I don't think I could have topped that.  And, if Liberace ever wore nail polish, I bet you bouillons to piano keys, he would have worn this. 

The Liberace museum, in Las Vegas,  closed in mid-October.  It was due to lack of tourist draw.  And that's quite sad.  I grew up watching him on color TV at my grandparent's house.  What a performer.   This was well before Madonna, Lady Gaga....hell, Cher had hardly taken off her fur vest yet!   Ahhh, the innocence of being so young and only seeing Liberace for his performances; nothing else.

Do you think this polish is aptly named?  Are you old enough to remember seeing Liberace's show on TV?  I bet a good part of my followers are not.  You might know who he is, hopefully.  But sadly, that's why the museum shut down; lack of an audience that remembers him.

6 comments:

Miss Krimson on December 7, 2010 at 8:13 PM said...

i just got some Orly nail polish and I am stoked to try it! lovin this colour!
Maricela
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ... VividFusionBlog ....Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
VividFusion on Youtube
VividFusion on twitter

Mimi (MakeupWithdrawal) on December 7, 2010 at 10:40 PM said...

oh wow, this polish is blingtastic! It looks so good on you! I don't remember Liberace, but I do know of him. It's too bad that his museum shut down, he had some spectacular stuff

Unknown on December 7, 2010 at 10:50 PM said...

There are alot of golds out this year. This one is so blingy. Looks great on you. Haven't used it yet but I sure like looking at my bottle :)

The Peach on December 7, 2010 at 11:36 PM said...

I'm not old enough to remember Liberache's show on TV! But what a great gold! I have never been a big gold fan, but this color is awesome! I just got Color Club's holiday mini polish set and it has a great gold in it! Can't wait to use it!

KarenD on December 8, 2010 at 10:20 AM said...

Of course I remember Liberace. :)

I bought this polish but haven't tried it yet.

cathryn on December 20, 2010 at 3:35 AM said...

cute (= wish i could wear gold but i am too pasty haha.

ive always had bad luck with my orly bottles. they get clumpy, too thick too soon. havent faced that yet with a china glaze (except dorothy who? but only because i let everyone and their aunt borrow it haha)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates