UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Yes, I Am Matte as A Hatter

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Yes, I Am Matte as A Hatter

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 12/11/2010 08:20:00 PM
A post on my inability to not leave well enough alone, gave insight to just how egotistical I can be.  It is pretty presumptuous of me to think I can improve on someone else's work.  It's a lie we tell ourselves,  like we drive really good, it's the rest of the drivers that are idiots.

And, here I go again, not leaving well enough alone.  Honestly, I'm just playing with nail colors and methods.  I don't think mine is 'better.'  A better way would be to say it is 'interesting.'

In my last post, I showed Revlon's Perplex and then notched it up with some Wet 'N Wild's Dasher.  I thought it was very pretty, and I wanted to wear it for a few more days than usual.  While contemplating my next manicure, I spied my little bottle of China Glaze's Matte Magic.  And magic, indeed.  Here's where I couldn't leave it be...


Matte Magic is like magic to me.  I never thought I'd want, or like, my nails to look matte.  However, you can see that I have, obviously, changed my mind.

What have you changed your mind on that you never thought you would?

7 comments:

OnceBitten on December 11, 2010 at 8:26 PM said...

Glitters. I fought against them - stayed far, far away. Then I won a blog give away that included China Glaze Mistletoe Kisses. Since I had it, I might as well try it, right? And like that, everything changed.

jbrobeck on December 11, 2010 at 8:38 PM said...

I fought mattes as well. Then one day I had a revelation and they became my best friends!

Erika on December 11, 2010 at 8:59 PM said...

Glitters and "wild" colours like blues, greens, black. If you had told me a year ago I would own these colours and love them, I would have had you committed. I also fought matte. But I tried it and I have to say, I like it, now and again.

The Peach on December 11, 2010 at 11:51 PM said...

You have been on a matte kick recently! Love this mani with a matte finish! And the matte top coat is such a fun way to switch up a mani without having to completely redo it!

Unknown on December 12, 2010 at 9:33 AM said...

Mani looks really nice. I wasn't too chuffed about my matte top coat and the result I got - I guess it's probably worth trying other colours and find which ones are suitable :)

KarenD on December 13, 2010 at 2:03 PM said...

There was a point where I was so concerned with my nail color not clashing with my clothes that I mostly ended up wearing neutrals on my tips. I'm so glad I've mostly gotten over the matchy matchy problem.

Lace Escapades on December 14, 2010 at 8:00 PM said...

Gah, how did I miss this post? That is stunning! I'm not usually one for matte polishes, but I LOVE that!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates