UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: My Recipe For Awesomesauce

Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Recipe For Awesomesauce

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 12/09/2010 10:06:00 PM
First, I want to tip my hat to Jacie.  She runs THREE blogs!  You've Got Nail,  You've Got Face, and the new Stuff My Kids Drew. It is from her that I learned the word 'awesomesauce.'  Not only do I think it is a cool word, but it describes Jacie perfectly.

What Jacie doesn't know is that I have picked her as one of my idols in blog world.  Her blogs are crisp, clean and inspiring.  Her photography and skills are THE best!!  Her wit is hilarious and she also talks about some sort of BBQ sauce too.   But, you'll have to check out her nail blog for more on that.

So, what is awesomesauce?  Well, awesome is for something that invokes awe.  I got my first, huge taste of this viewing the Grand Canyon for the first time.  The photos don't even come close to the beauty and AWE of this place.
And sauce...you know that makes everything taste better.  Sauce is making something good even better.
Side note:  I found this photo of  the dude you do NOT want to get behind at the airport's security check.  Not because the person is bad.  Just that he is going to hold the line up...a bit...you think??!
OK, then....shall we move onto the purpose of this post????  Hmmmm???

Awesomesauce!!!!  I made some.  Revlon has set the nail blogs afire with their release of 'Perplex.'  They just about name the company they are mimicking this color after.  Even daring you to compare the colors.  And 'Perplex' is just what the name implies...


After having a cardboard compactor's metal door fall on my head yesterday, I used that as an excuse to solidify that I did, indeed, deserve a professional manicure and pedicure.  I came home and took these photos before I lost good sunlight.  I had socks on, can you tell?  OK, just look at the color, not my sock-track feet.

Beautiful, isn't it?  I could hardly wait to find this polish.  I finally found it after a tip from
Kari of Once Bitten Blog.  She saw them at a local Ulta store.  I was there the next day!  There was one empty slot where Kari napped hers.  I walked away leaving 5 more empty slots.

I was going to apply 'Perplex' on my toes, because I knew I'd want to wear it for more than just a couple of days.  So I took in Wet 'N Wild's 'Dasher', from their Holiday collection, for my fingernails.  But, once my manicurist put one coat of 'Dasher' on, I realized that it was really a top coat.  Quick thinking (remember, I had that thump on my noggin),  I asked to have 'Perplex' on my fingernails too, with 'Dasher' on top.  A 'current' and a 'holiday' look.  Worlds of Nails Collide!!!!
'Dasher' is way, WAY more sparkly than this!!!  Fine, shimmery iridescent glitter.
My right hand is rockin' my best length and shows 'Dasher' a bit truer.

AWESOMESAUCE!!!!!

I'm still going to wear this mani for more than just a couple of days.  I'm in love....sigh.

Ooohh....what if I matted it?????  Part 2?????? 

Are you in love with Perplex?  If you bought it and, not its more expensive twin, are you happy with that choice?  I am.  And even if I should get in the same security check line as the piercing clown...well, I have this beautiful color combo to keep me in awesomesauce while I wait.

5 comments:

The Peach on December 9, 2010 at 10:20 PM said...

I have been looking for Perplex everywhere and haven't found it yet! I don't have a Ulta nearby, so that isn't an option for me! Love the pedi and mani! Perplex looks like such an awesome color and I think you found some awesomesauce! :)

MissMidnightBlue on December 9, 2010 at 10:49 PM said...

You know what this is full of?

Awesomesauce!!! XD

Jacie on December 10, 2010 at 1:46 AM said...

Oh man, I'm crying! This is such a beautiful post my love - THANK YOU!

OnceBitten on December 10, 2010 at 2:03 AM said...

Thanks for the shout out! I really do love Perplex and ended up going back and getting a second bottle the next day :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on December 11, 2010 at 10:10 AM said...

@all you know I love you ALL!!! *big squishes*

@OnceBitten you could only get one, since that's all I left you, right? ;)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates