UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Glow In the Dark Nail Drama

Friday, September 9, 2011

Glow In the Dark Nail Drama

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 9/09/2011 08:46:00 PM
How could I not to this post and NOT think of Jen at The PolishAholic? She swatched all the China Glaze Halloween polishes AND gave me the willies about a spider in the mix. *shivers*

I wonder if there is a glow in the dark crackle out there? In the meantime, I did this...



I picked up both China Glaze's 'Ghoulish Glow' and OPI's 'Black Shatter' at Ulta. I just happened to have picked up China Glaze's Halloween polishes recently, though.

I have on 3 coats of 'Ghoulish Glow' then the one coat of 'Black Shatter.' Both polishes dry matte. Here, I put on a coat of Seche Vite...
I didn't shatter my right hand and even though it is obvious as that one single, huge, red zit that invades my face every so often, no one said a word about this...
Now, I don't want to plant visions or heebie geebies on you, unlike Jen did to me...So, I will tell you that I tested out the glow in the dark in my closet and tried REALLY hard not to think of spiders...

See....I did it without any fear.








No, wait!!! That's just a loose hair that you feel on the back of your neck and on your bare arm. Don't be so goosy!!!

13 comments:

Megan Harmeyer on September 9, 2011 at 8:51 PM said...

Ugh...that spider is yuck!! The mani definitely is NOT yuck. Could you imagine if some company came out with a glow in the dark crackle? OMG the hysteria it would cause!

Anonymous said...

the black magic i found (at k-mart.. :P) was sparkly, not matte...

also, my purple potion is friggin' beautiful. chips too fast though, even with seche vite. :( i looove these bottles.

MissMidnightBlue said...

EEEEEEK SPIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!
That mani rocks! ;)

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love glow in the darks!!!

rugged breed on September 10, 2011 at 1:57 AM said...

So nice I love it,I will buy my girlfriend with this, it glows perfectly


Zero Dramas

Unknown on September 10, 2011 at 4:25 AM said...

Great mani!!
Great idea!
And this spider would cause sleep troubles to me!

Unknown on September 10, 2011 at 4:27 AM said...

I like the idea of glow in the dark polish, not sure on some of those colors. Do they have it in a pink?

Olivia Frescura on September 10, 2011 at 4:47 AM said...

ahhh I need that polishes!

Anonymous said...

I need this glow in the dark polish sooooo bad!!!!!!

Makeup and Mutts on September 10, 2011 at 3:58 PM said...

Glow in the dark polishes are so cool! :) Nice spider haha

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know I loved your response to the Nails mag article...perfect response.

Libby's Pink Vanity on September 10, 2011 at 6:04 PM said...

@Megan You know you need to get this one for Halloween! I'm going to wear it to Universal's Halloween Fright Night.

@continental Ahhh, you got the sparkly one! You are lucky!!! I hope you like it as much as the purple one.

@MissMidnightBlue What? I thought you loved spiders??? Well, don't open that box I sent you!!! ;P

@kittypolishnbags I was at Claires on Friday and they have about 4 different colors of glow in the dark!

@Master Blogger If you want to give her something very unique, you should! I think she'll be delighted.

@rock-or-not I liked this mani as it was just plain fun. There's nothing like finding a huge spider in your house to make you feel skittish.

@Lisa I did see a pink and purple, for sure, at Claires yesterday. Maybe you'll like those shades?

@Olivia Freshcura If you celebrate Halloween, or even not, every nail polish lover should have at least one glow in the dark. :)

@imfeelingnail-venturous Are you finding the China Glaze Halloween sets in Louisiana? If not, there is a glow in the dark by Wet n Wild too.

@Vintage Makeup Are they not fun? The polish, that is. Not the spider. Eeeee....

@Anonymous Thank you. I appreciate that. I think the editor meant to give a pep talk and she should have left it at that. But she was disrespectful to a large group of other nail lovers.

Erika on September 10, 2011 at 10:16 PM said...

Gah! With the spider! I almost threw my laptop across the room. *hides and cries*

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates