UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Who You Lookin' At? Says the Night Owl

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Who You Lookin' At? Says the Night Owl

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 9/27/2011 07:02:00 PM
Seems like there has been a lot of 'bird' collections this season. That's OK with me; these are some fine shades!

Orly got into the game (bird, game...get it) early on. Maybe the early bird gets the worm?

I like this taupe because it goes in my category of 'pleasant surprises.'  'Night Owl' is a taupe that would not bring attention to itself except for the taupe micro-glitter. I don't have anything else like it in my collection. Not to say there isn't one out there. I'm, however, happy to have this beauty.

And the best part is, that the color in the bottle is exactly what I got on my nails. With 3 coats, I got a coverage that was complete and finished. I don't have a top coat on this manicure; it was shiny all by itself. This could be the smoothest Orly polish I own.



The glitter gives it a whole, new depth to it.

And I must tell you, if it wasn't for that micro-glitter, this would be a shade my grandma would have worn. Remember the taupe frost by Sally Hansen? Yea, it was grandma's pick.

I love my grandma with all my heart but, I don't want to wear her nail polish. I'll take this cutey, instead.
 


This is in no way a decent manicure. Bless my eyes, they don't see what the camera shows. But, that color is BOSS and a wise 'Night Owl.'

I used to have a cashmere sweater this taupe color. Would you pick this shade to wear? I think this color would be a cool one for some boots!

9 comments:

Mimi (MakeupWithdrawal) on September 27, 2011 at 10:33 PM said...

This color is indeed something unique, I can't think of a single dupe. It's beautiful on you :D

Nicole on September 27, 2011 at 11:05 PM said...

I'm wondering how close it is to Essie Mochacino, but I don't care because I have to have it for the name alone! It's a gorgeous neutral.

Polish Vixen Marisa on September 27, 2011 at 11:31 PM said...

I love this color!! XOXO

Unknown on September 28, 2011 at 2:31 AM said...

It's a really nice colour, I like this collection from Orly

Wait Until The Sunset on September 28, 2011 at 7:58 AM said...

super cute I love it! :)

waituntilthesunset.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I just love this polish!

Libby's Pink Vanity on September 28, 2011 at 10:28 PM said...

@Mimi Thanks, sweets!

@Nicole It is a gorgeous neutral, that's it! I don't have any Essies but I bet you are right.

@Polish Vixen Marisa Hi, ya! It is cool!

@Lorraine I felt the collection was not given the publicity that other collections have received in the past. But there are awesome colors in it.

@wait until the sunset Thanks! Do you think you'll get it too?

@imfeelingnail-venturous You would do such a grand job with this one. :)

KarenD on September 29, 2011 at 11:24 AM said...

Very nice! I've been waiting for my Orly supplier to get this collection--must check back with them again because I need this one.

Libby's Pink Vanity on September 29, 2011 at 7:55 PM said...

@Fingers Thank you!

@KarenD I can just imagine how awesome this shade will look on your lovely nails, Karen. I don't know what is up with Orly's distribution on this collection. It's been very spotty.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates