UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: LA Girl Pink - St Valentine's Day Manicure Marathon-Day 9

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

LA Girl Pink - St Valentine's Day Manicure Marathon-Day 9

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 2/08/2011 06:31:00 PM
For Day 9 of the Marathon, I picked this LA Color named 'Pink Satin.'  In the bottle, it has a fuchsia shimmer.  However, I think it stayed in the bottle...
I don't have a lot of spamola on this swatch.  Suffice it to say, it was thin and very sheer. I have on 4 coats here.  When I find a polish such as 'Pink Satin', I think it's perfect for someone that wants to wear nail polish but doesn't want to scream the fact.  Also, I can see a young girl wearing this color, as well.

I tried to capture that shimmer on my polish, and this was as close as I could get.  In real life, it's still difficult to see.  I had to 'look' for it as it wasn't obvious.

Even with all its shortcomings, I do like the color.  It's a girly pink and it would be office friendly.  If you don't mind a watery, sheer polish, this one is worth it.  Also, let me say, that 'Pink Satin' came from a store called Below 5.  This is mostly a candy store but has lots of very inexpensive t-shirts, label buttons, gag tricks, toys and makeup.  They have a lot of LA Girl and LA Colors makeup.  There were a couple of these stores that I frequented when I lived in Virginia Beach, VA.  Unfortunately, they don't have them here in Florida.  Drats!

But they do have a lot of beauty supply stores that sell wigs, hair extensions and products for such.  Here's what I got last week...
I'm going to make my own wild color clip-in hair extensions.  The clips were $1 each.  The hair was $2 each.  That's a lot cheaper than the $15 I see in other stores like Sally's or Hot Topic.  This beauty store had a lot of different color hair extensions like these. I got 2 that I didn't have already.

When it comes to coloring my hair, I'm commitment-phobic.  But, when it comes to buying nail polish, the more the merrier!

Do you wear the clip-in hair extensions?  Do you have a Five Below store nearby?  How many pink nail polishes to you own?  I have enough that I don't really want to know the exact number. ;)

6 comments:

Christine on February 8, 2011 at 10:07 PM said...

That is a really beautiful color <3

Xoxo Christine

Megan Harmeyer on February 8, 2011 at 10:11 PM said...

I don't wear hair extensions because I have short, short hair (and I don't have the patience). We don't have a Five Below store (that I know of). How many pinks? Do you really want to know? Hell...do I really want to know? LOL The answer is 30ish. Not as many as I expected. You know what that means, right? I need more!! Bahahahahahahaah

Libby's Pink Vanity on February 9, 2011 at 7:31 AM said...

@Christine Isn't it? Can I call it 'dainty'? :)

@Megan If you click on the hyperlink I have for Five Below, their website lists where they are. I don't remember if Albuquerque is on the list.
You know, I asked the question but didn't count myself. I really have a fear of doing so. But I know that my count has JUMPED BIG TIME since starting the blog. =o

Unknown on February 9, 2011 at 6:44 PM said...

I went to a five Below while I was visiting in Maryland. That is an awesome store. I wish they will come to Fla :)

Ashley Tiernan on February 10, 2011 at 8:22 AM said...

Hey, wow you have so many great nail polishes I hope Ireland gets some of these real soon. :)
I can't wait to see more!

Libby's Pink Vanity on February 14, 2011 at 6:30 PM said...

@nailsbeautiqued Heck yea, the should come to Florida! Where's the petition I can sign?!

@Ashley I'm starting to think Ireland doesn't have a 'thing' for nail polishes. I hope you get a few like really soon. ;)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates