UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Autumn's Allure And A High School Boyfriend

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Autumn's Allure And A High School Boyfriend

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 8/11/2010 08:18:00 PM
It is still wickedly hot here in Central Florida.  Not one iota of a glimpse that Fall is on its way.  This used to be the time of year when we would head back to school.  Even though I wasn't happy about going back, I did love getting finished in May.

Fall is full of wistful memories of going to high school football games.  My boyfriend played on the team our senior year.  I still remember seeing him on the field.  And even though we were not dating anymore, I felt a sense of pride and delight seeing my sweet boyfriend suited up.

Even back then I was drawn to autumn and fall colors.  This polish would definitely have won me over...

 This is Finger Paints "Autumn Allure", from their 2010 fall collection.

When I saw "Autumn Allure" from this collection at Sally's, I wasn't as smitten with it as I thought I would be.  In fact, I almost bought all of them but this one.  Then the OCD in me felt I had to have the complete selection.  I gave Autumn Allure a chance, unlike I did for my high school sweetie.
The sunny window sheds some light on the subject but, it sort of washes it out.  This is quite dark in the bottle and that didn't seem to translate onto the nail.  In the bottle it's a dusty, way dark mauve that has a silver shimmer to it.  On nails, it's just a medium tone mauve.  Maybe like a light raisin color.

That poor damaged ring finger.  It is, though, coming around now.  This photo taken outdoors, is quite true to how it presented in real life.  It has a bit of spice to it, so it has some personality.
And besides having some rough cuticles, I ended up liking Autumn Allure quite a bit.  It did need two coats and I have Seche on top.  If you have ever tried Finger Paints, this one applies well and is the standard quality of Finger Paints.

And with that, I am happy I got this color.  It ended up being one I liked quite well.  I'm glad I gave it a chance.  And, that's quite unlike what I did for my high school boyfriend.  He was a sweet boyfriend, I just didn't know how to be a sweet girlfriend.  Hmmmm...wistful memories from Autumn's past.

Have you seen these new fall Finger Paints?  Would you give a polish a second chance?  Ever find a polish, hesitate to get it, got it and glad you did?  Do you miss the days of high school football and sweet boyfriends?

6 comments:

Megan Harmeyer on August 11, 2010 at 8:50 PM said...

I saw this collection today at Sally's but couldn't decide on one - though I almost bought the purple one. I usually give a polish more than one chance - pretty much everything/one deserves a second chance. Oh, I definitely miss the days of high school - football, boyfriends (1 in particular) and other kid stuff.

The Peach on August 11, 2010 at 9:19 PM said...

I'm hoping to get by my local Sally's this weekend. I will have to check out this collection. And fall/autumn is my favorite time of the year!

Phyrra on August 11, 2010 at 9:53 PM said...

Yeah it's definitely hot here in Tampa. I need to make a trip to Sally's soon.

Stephanie Merlin on August 11, 2010 at 11:48 PM said...

I saw this collection at Sally's and like you I'm so OCD about things. I found one I really liked, but felt weird about only getting one in a collection. I couldn't find another color I liked enough to get so I didn't end up getting any. I'm so all or nothing with polish! I did find an OPI I today I wanted, but ended up not getting. I completely regret it now. I'm going back to get it! I don't miss high school football or high school boyfriends :P. I'm very glad to be past that time in my life! Hehe.

I also tagged you for an award on my blog :).

Libby's Pink Vanity on August 12, 2010 at 6:15 PM said...

Ah, Steph!! Thanks so much! :D
When I was in my 20's, I was so glad to be over high school and getting challenged in college. But as I've grown older, I either have selective memory or I have a totally different outlook about 'back then' now.

KarenD on August 13, 2010 at 1:43 PM said...

I have this one in my untrieds; I admit I bought the whole collection since they were still having the buy 2 get one free sale, and there were six in the collection and it just seemed to work out.

I married a boy I started dating senior year of h.s., so in a way, I still have some of those days with me. :)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates