UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Revlon Runway Collection Starlet Artifical Nails

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Revlon Runway Collection Starlet Artifical Nails

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 8/05/2010 09:26:00 PM
When I want that perfect manicure look, false nails do not fail.  As I'm perfecting my manicure skills, false nails give me the look like I spent a lot of money at the salon.

These are Revlon's Runway Collection.  This style is 'Starlet' and they are medium length.
 

 It might be a bit hard to see, but this is a 'special' french manicure.  While the nail is light pink, the tip is white with silver and opaque white designs.  Even in person, there's just a hint that there is something different about this French.
Do excuse the thumb.  It seemed to be having a bad nail day.

The set comes with 28 nail tips in 12 different sizes.  I have the tiniest pinky nail so I was very happy to find that there was a size for me.  There was a bottle of pink gel glue, a tiny emery board and small, plastic manicure stick. (Tip: Hang on to that little stick; you can use it as a cuticle pusher too.)
I did file down my own nails so this length would fit.  However, I failed to file the shape of the false nail so that it would fit better against my cuticle.  It actually is only obvious upon close inspection, as in these photos.  I will file the false nail at the cuticle edge, next time, for a more real look.  And still, you can tell that the width and length of the false nails are perfect.
French manicures always make me feel ritzy.  But when it's a fancy French, I want to break out the 'real' diamond rings.  It's that la-te-da!
Do keep in mind that false nails should only be worn for the recommended 7 to 10 days and then replaced.  Definitely something I would need to be mindful of as my thumbnail is more bowed inward than my other nails.  Thus, the false nail didn't set on it quite as flush.  I do want to say that the pink gel glue is mighty powerful.  I didn't pop a single one of these.  And I did all my normal, daily stuff. 

Regardless about my funky thumbnails, I'm giving Revlon Runway Collection two thumbs up.  Princess Libby approves of being prissy with these nails. :)

Do you like fancy French manicures?  How about the subtlety of this style?

This product was provided to me from Revlon for review and to give my honest opinion.


1 comments:

Unknown on August 11, 2010 at 8:41 PM said...

How long do these last? I've been tempted w/ them before but haven't because I just didn't know how they'd hold up. E has used them before but you can't judge a nail product all the time by how it wears on a 9-year-old's nails! :)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates