UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Are You Raisin The Bar?

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Are You Raisin The Bar?

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 8/04/2010 09:47:00 PM
Sometimes we just pick up a polish because we like the name.  Sort of seems silly, but I KNOW nail bloggers do this, for sure.  Come on, 'fess up!

Here's a pinky-mauve that isn't all that exciting...

 This is 'Raisin the Bar' from Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure collection.  This is one coat of base, 1 coat Seche Clear, 2 color coats, 2 Seche Clear and finale, Seche Vite.

Yea...go ahead...sing it!
Raisin the Bar got a bit bubbly on me.  But it only shows up on the middle finger.  The rest wasn't that noticeable.  It's an OK shimmery pink that is almost a mauve.  This photo shows it to be more pink.

I liked the cutesy name more than I like the color.  It's a timid color.  Let's say 'safe.'  It's one I call the 'job interview' color.  It won't RAISE any eyebrows.

Is it a 'safe' color?  Where would you wear this mani?

3 comments:

Recalcitrant Nails on August 4, 2010 at 9:57 PM said...

I don't usually buy polish for the name. I've got to like the color too. However, if both are in place, a good name and a good color...its mine. My last fun name purchase was Pure Ice Magic. I love names like that.

LOL on your play on words.

The Peach on August 5, 2010 at 9:40 AM said...

I agree, I don't usually buy polish based on the name. Sometimes I don't even look at the name. The color looks ok, nothing too exciting to me. But yes, I would say it's a safe color!

Megan Harmeyer on August 5, 2010 at 11:28 AM said...

I rarely look at the name - until after I decide I like the color. If it's a cute/good name - bonus! If it's a bad name, all the more reason I'll remember that polish.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates