UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: A Day At The Office With a Mermaid

Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Day At The Office With a Mermaid

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 8/19/2010 08:08:00 PM
Whilst nail polish blogging is fun, it quickly turns into an addiction.  Or, maybe it's an obsession.  Workout DVDs have been my addiction for almost 8 years.  Even though I started using them back in the '80's, I leaped off with it in full bravado exactly one day after getting married.  And I have/had a lot of fun jumping on various fitness band wagons.

As I had blogged here, American Apparel is all new to me.  But not anymore!  They sell 1 bottle for $6, 3 bottles for $15.  Yes, you are right; it made better sense to get the 3/$15!!  Surprise.




Nope. I could NOT leave well-enough alone.  First of all, I used American Apparel's 'Office.'  Not sure why they chose 'Office' as the name.  Looks more like kitchenware from 1950's era.  It's a creme polish that doesn't have a lot of shine on its own.  It's sort of turquoise, sort of blue-ish green.  I know I don't have anything like this in my stock, though.  It is much greener than China Glaze's 'For Audrey.'  I just got that one and will soon swatch it.  But even with the two next to each other, there is no duplicate.

Then I started to play with this mani.  I tried out my China Glaze Matte.  Now it looks like some vinyl covering on a bar stool from my hometown drug store!  I wanted to jazz it up so I whipped out the 'makes every polish better' Sally Hansen's 'Hidden Treasure.'  Ah, that put some piss in the pizazz!

Hidden Treasure with Office (just for kicks, a Hidden Treasure in my Office would be finding that the stapler works on the first try) reminds me of a mermaid.

Gosh, I've trimmed my nails since I did this manicure.  I miss them too.  Stupid broken nail!!!  I sure wish my fingernails could be has hard as my biceps. ;)

Got some polish that you have to pizazz?  Do you agree that Hidden Treasure makes a lot of so-so colors better, and good colors great!?

4 comments:

Unknown on August 20, 2010 at 1:18 PM said...

Pretty Mermaid. I saw t a similar manicure done with CG's For Audrey and it had the same effect, beautiful!

Kristie on August 20, 2010 at 4:26 PM said...

I like the color on you with a bit of the sparkle to tone it down - make it less 50s vibe. Thanks for the swatches.

killou.killou on September 6, 2010 at 2:12 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
killou.killou on September 6, 2010 at 2:16 PM said...

I like this color, is this very very different from china glaze "for audrey"? wich I own and really love! because the pic make it look very similar
and I agree with you, hidden treasure is really gorgeous on any colour and improve the polish under, especially black, white pink,green, peach and blue from the pics I have seen on the web. Too bad they don't sell this brand in France do you know any dupe for that polish?

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates