UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Matte About Mistletoe

Monday, November 22, 2010

Matte About Mistletoe

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 11/22/2010 10:17:00 PM
I love the legend of Mistletoe.  The Druids used it to ward off evil and illness.  When they harvested it, they would put a white cloth down around the tree to catch the mistletoe.  The mistletoe would lose its magical powers to heal if it touched the ground.  I think the mistletoe of today has touched the ground.  Why is it that the creepiest guy will want to lay one on you when you accidentally stand under it?

I tried on Orly's "Meet Me Under the Mistletoe' from their holiday collection...

 It wouldn't be called 'Mistletoe' if it wasn't green, would it?  Check out the micro-glitter green in that green base!  This one will probably be revisited on St. Patrick's Day.  Shhhh...don't tell, just another Pagan holiday in disguise!
Indoor light.  Eeee...tip wear!  Only after a couple of days.  Not so lovely.  So, just focus on the glamour of the color.
High shine!  You can really see that glitter on the nails.  What you see in the bottle is what you get on the nail.  Now, isn't that how it should always be?

If you want to get a Holiday green, this is one that you can get and just forget about all the rest.  I'm going to show you more in just a minute.

The first coat of 'Mistletoe' was watery for me.  I was trying to use the thinnest coat I could, hoping that I could increase the dry time.  After reading and writing nail blogs, I've come to not always judge a polish by it's first coat.  And with that, the second coat of 'Mistletoe' came to life.  Smooth, sparkly and deep.  Definitely the good Orly standards in this one.

I liked it so much, I didn't want to change it out.  But, then like a wicked Christmas Grinch thought, something crept into my brain; I'll use something else I bought!

China Glaze Matte Top Coat!  I used two coats here.  These are indoors with the sunny window that didn't have sunshine today.

Outdoors in that overcast light.  So much for sunny Florida today.

Save for the stinkin' tip wear, I ooh'ed and awe'ed at this transformation.  'Mistletoe' went from sparkly and fun, to a look that was chic and had sophistication.

Good gravy, what am I doing? I'm channeling Dr. Seuss!  It just takes me over and my brain, it's on the loose!

And, now I have another 'Mistletoe' look and I don't want to take this one off either.  But, there are other kiddies lined up to sit on Santa's nails.

For not liking matte polishes, I think I've come around.  Do you try matte top coats?  This one did some nice things for 'Mistletoe', don't you think?  I bet you still like Dr. Seuss, too!

5 comments:

The Peach on November 22, 2010 at 11:15 PM said...

You crack me up! Great post! And I love Dr. Seuss! I'm a HUGE fan of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." I have all sorts of Grinch decorations! And I'm more of a traditionallist, I like the original cartoon, in contrast to the Jim Carey movie.

Meet Me Under the Mistletoe looks awesome! And love it with the matte top coat! A fun holiday polish!

liz on November 23, 2010 at 12:40 AM said...

Gosh, the color is so cool and i love the uniqueness of name :)

Megan Harmeyer on November 23, 2010 at 10:36 AM said...

This is funny! I shoulda picked up this color when I first saw the collection. The last time I checked it out, it was gone. :(

Lace Escapades on November 23, 2010 at 6:22 PM said...

Oh wow, I really love that color! I'm such a sucker for dark greens.

And oh yes, Dr. Seuss never goes out of style. ;)

colorfulbottle on November 24, 2010 at 6:04 PM said...

This one is perfect=). I like it matte, but I love it shiny.=)

I do try matte top coats from time to time, but I prefer my manicures shiny =)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates