UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: One #*$% of a (@&!^ Color!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

One #*$% of a (@&!^ Color!

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 11/09/2010 07:02:00 PM
In spite of never, ever needing another bottle of polish, I still buy them.  Go ahead and say 'DUH!' because that's why we blog.  And, my fickle nature comes out with polish colors because almost every one I get, I think 'oooh, it's my favorite!!!'  Total drooling gush.

But, a vampy color is my favorite type of color.  A vampy red and I'm picking it for my marooned on an island color.  Add in some glitter and I'll never come back from my la la land.
No exception...

I haven't been as excited about a new collection as much as I was with Color Club's Untamed Luxury.  This is 'Red Velvet' from the Every Shade of Indulgence set.  'Red Velvet'...come to Kimmy!!!!!!

This is a black base that has maroon glitter suspended in it.  I would have loved this color even if it didn't have the glitter, just a combination of black and maroon.  But the maroon as glitter?  I'm making exclamations ala 'Orbit Gum Commercial.'


One base coat, 2 Seche Clear coats, 2 color coats, 1 Seche Clear and finishing up with Seche Vite.  The polish was easy to apply as far as the formula goes.  I'm not overly fond that the brush is on this side < of skimpy.  But, I'm willing to forgive for that small slight.  If you are interested in a bottle that is easy to hold and a top that is easy to grip, gotcha covered here.
 The photos of the bottle in the sunlight are the only photos here that give a true representation of this smart ass(peration) of color.  Deep, rich and sexy.  Like I said...come to Kimmy!!!!

Even though this was released before Halloween, do you agree that it is still a good Holiday switch-over?  If I were to go to a Christmas/Holiday party, I'd love to find a dress this color.  Wouldn't that be fu-abulously cool?

6 comments:

MissMidnightBlue on November 9, 2010 at 7:16 PM said...

LOL, I like the color,its pretty,its different. Me likey! I think its a good holiday color! :D

The Peach on November 9, 2010 at 8:32 PM said...

Wow! A great vampy red! That would be an awesome color for a holiday dress!

Megan Harmeyer on November 9, 2010 at 9:10 PM said...

I was lucky enough to pick up this collection last week and this color was THE reason why I wanted it. So pretty!

Phyrra on November 9, 2010 at 11:00 PM said...

I Lurve Color Club :) Awesome!

loodie loodie loodie on November 14, 2010 at 3:26 AM said...

This is a great color. I wanted to try something new to replace Lubu Heels. This was not as good in my opinion. It had slightly more chunky glitter and dried matte on its own, but still great with topcoat!

If you are interested, I have a nail care blog.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this color--very deep dark and vampy. Plus the name is making me want some red velvet cupcakes right now! LOL

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates