UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: I Created Visions of Sugar Plums

Sunday, November 28, 2010

I Created Visions of Sugar Plums

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 11/28/2010 06:46:00 PM
We have enjoyed a quite, tranquil holiday weekend at home.  Just me, hubs and the two cats.
And I have got a lot of swatching done.  It wasn't work at all.  More like playing.

I wanted to try a green polish and use 'Hidden Treasure' over it, then matte it.  I think most of my readers will truly understand how these combinations will just pop into your head.  Well, at least they do for me.  In fact, some nights I fall asleep coming up with creations and then dream about them. 

So, I dug in the unswatched pile, and found Ulta's 'Jaded.'  Perfect, I wanted to try a green that wasn't from a Holiday collection.

This is frosty with some shimmer in it.  You can't see that shimmer in the photo.  It's very minuet.  Boy, the first 2 coats of this were watery.  So on the third one, I went a bit thicker to get it to be opaque.
My polishing was great, for me.  But the ugliest cuticles ever, kill the look.  I'm not got to apologize for them.  I'm going to take action about making them over. 

All my photos here are indoor lighting.  I'm right at my desk and just loved the light at the moment.

Now for the flakies.  I was going to do this all with Sally Hansen's 'Hidden Treasure.'  But as I dug in my unswatched stack, I found an Essence's 'Space Queen'.  I know they are not even close, but I wanted to see what they'd look like side by side.

'Hidden Treasure' is on thumb, middle and pinky.  'Space Queen' is on index and ring finger.  As you can see, 'Hidden Treasure' is a flakey.  'Space Queen', she's an iridescent glitter.  Both give a nice winter Holiday feel.  But I wasn't done with my creative madness.

You've heard that song by The Stones, 'Paint It Black'?  It goes, "I see a red door and I want to paint it black."  Just what in the hell does that mean???  Well, I see a pretty color and I want to paint it matte.

Mattified!  Index is 'Space Queen' and ring finger is 'Hidden Treasure.'
And here is my entire left hand alternating.  And a very BIG DRATS!  I have a tear on the outside of my thumb nail.  Grrrr!!!  Before nail blogging, I would have just chopped it off.  But, heck, my nails are so close to being uniform.  sigh

Sparkles or matte?  Hidden Treasure or Space Queen?

And, I would like to share with you, my Ultimate Favorite Christmas song: Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Christmas Canon.

8 comments:

MissMidnightBlue on November 28, 2010 at 6:51 PM said...

*droool* I wants that color!

liquoredonlacquer on November 28, 2010 at 6:52 PM said...

gorgeous!! ♥

The Preppy Student on November 28, 2010 at 7:05 PM said...

I love that color! Another winner for Ulta!

The Peach on November 28, 2010 at 7:32 PM said...

You have been on a mattifying kick lately, haven't you!? Jaded looks like an awesome color! Space Queen is nice, but I love Hidden Treasure over it! And I think I would have to vote sparkles! Looks like you have been having some fun!

~Elizabeth aka Lacquered Lizard on November 28, 2010 at 10:13 PM said...

this is pretty! as for that tear, get you some Orly Nail Rescue. It's amazing!

michelle_ on December 1, 2010 at 9:18 AM said...

such a gorgeous color !
i love canon too ! its my fave xmas song..

glisters and blisters

rebeca.cd on December 2, 2010 at 3:02 PM said...

It's a nice colour, though I prefer brighter ones

Unknown on December 3, 2010 at 11:16 AM said...

I think I like space queen better :) But that Ulta is awesome!!!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates