UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: There's Gold In Them There Toes

Friday, November 26, 2010

There's Gold In Them There Toes

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 11/26/2010 07:14:00 PM
There's always going to be sparkles and glitter and twinkles in makeup during the Holidays.  It's an international law.  I've never been cited.

Today I played with some Holiday colors and glitters. On my finger nails, that's a sneak peek for the next posting.




First, we have a tale of two golds.  Not meant to be twins.  Surely from the same gold mine, though.  China Glaze's 'Midnight Kiss' is from their current holiday collection.  And the second China Glaze, 'Medallion,' which their site lists as a 'Specialty.'

'Midnight Kiss' is a shimmery, buffed gold.  It reminds me of one of the gold colors from Black Hills gold jewelry.  Only took 2 coats to be opaque but not terribly dense.  'Medallion' is an in your face, gold glitter with a bit of iridescent glitter as well.  Can you see that red Sally's clearance sticker on the 'Medallion' bottle?  $4, clearance.

I wanted to swatch as many Holiday colors as I can get in for the next 30 days so I did a pedicure using both of these golds.

Inside light, then outside light.  Here's what I did.  I alternated each nail with the two colors.  So the big toe on the left foot, it's 'Midnight Kiss.'  The big toe on the right foot starts off with 'Medallion.'

I did two coats of each.  Just one top coat of Seche Clear.  The last photo gives a better representation of the two golds side by side.  'Medallion' may show up again on the blog as an overlay.  But doesn't the 'Midnight Kiss' seem regal?  I like the muted color.  This would be a color I'd love to wear to a Winter evening wedding.

Oh, and I've been to the Black Hills.  It's a beautiful area. 

Which do you like the best; 'Medallion' or 'Midnight Kiss'? 

8 comments:

The Peach on November 26, 2010 at 7:30 PM said...

Both are great golds! I think I like Medallion better because its more glittery! And can't wait to see the post with the new red & green glittery polish! Can't remember its name right now, but I have a bottle of it waiting for me in my collection! :)

The Preppy Student on November 26, 2010 at 7:41 PM said...

I like Medallion but both are super night!

Libby's Pink Vanity on November 26, 2010 at 8:46 PM said...

@Peach it's Party Hearty. You'll love it too.

@twinkle I know you want your toes to twinkle ;)

SammieDoo on November 26, 2010 at 8:50 PM said...

Look at those sparkley toes..... OOOO la la How about the glittery over the gold???

o on November 27, 2010 at 8:20 AM said...

I love midnight kiss best! It's so pretty!!
I wonder if it would be good to stamp?

Libby's Pink Vanity on November 27, 2010 at 9:15 AM said...

@thearb well, why didn't I do a toe like that? that's a great idea!

@Beauty Addict It has the consistency to be a good stamp color.

nicoletta on November 27, 2010 at 12:07 PM said...

Oooh both look gorgeous, i love glitter, shimmer anything like this really x

Libby's Pink Vanity on November 28, 2010 at 9:22 AM said...

@nicoletta I knew we were alike :)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates