UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: The Ugly Series: Part 1, Brace Yourself

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Ugly Series: Part 1, Brace Yourself

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 5/17/2011 09:42:00 AM
This is going to be a daring series. I'd like to review ugly nail polishes. Well, make that ugly in my opinion. And please, don't hesitate to agree or disagree with me. I like to keep my blog an open forum.

This one, I think, is ugly upon first glance. But when I go to study it, I see some real kewlness.  This is Finger Paint's 'Warm He-Art-Ed'...

Yes, I am showing you nicked nails. Well, I said UGLY didn't I? But really, I didn't mean for that to be there.

'Warm He-Art-Ed' is a greige that has an iridescent sheen to it. It is just not translating to photo. However, let me tell you that the sheen is this polish's saving grace. I would not have picked it up if it had not been for the sheen.

The last photo give a glimpse of that sheen. I have on 3 coats and a top coat of China Glaze's 'Fast Forward Top Coat'. I'll tell you another saving grace, this polish applied artfully. Not quite a skimpy brush, it was easy to use. And I think almost everyone agrees that Finger Paint bottles are easy to maneuver.
Dear Readers, I am terribly sorry to assault you with a mucked up manicure. I know you read blogs to look at pristine applications and wonderful photos with delightful reviews. I do too. I definitely owe you better work and a redo. Please be forgetting.

Here's a flower to soften the ugliness...
From my backyard, taken at the same time I photoed 'Warm He-Art-Ed'.

What do you do with your ugly polishes?

10 comments:

rebecca on May 17, 2011 at 9:59 AM said...

i exchanged the ugliest polish i ever bought. haha. i swatched it on 4 fingers and decided i HATED IT and then my mom offered to exchange it for me :P
it was gosh's purple heart. blehhhhhh.

Megan Harmeyer on May 17, 2011 at 11:05 AM said...

Ewwww. It's just a non-descript blah color. It looks like it has potential, but just eww. That little iris is pretty!

Varnish Me Up on May 17, 2011 at 11:44 AM said...

oh dear. It is pretty ugly :/ But I can see how the sheen makes it look just a bit prettier.

LB on May 17, 2011 at 1:48 PM said...

Ooo I like that one but I am drawn to ugly shades. This is going on my to-buy list.

a girl named Sam on May 17, 2011 at 4:31 PM said...

I like the color (I see some irridescence... pretty!) I just don't think I'd want it on my nails....

Lace Escapades on May 17, 2011 at 5:21 PM said...

Not so crazy about this one. It's not terrible, but I think I'd rather use this one for details in nail art than a full-on application.

-Kieran

Libby's Pink Vanity on May 17, 2011 at 7:38 PM said...

@rebecca Sounds like you had a great opportunity and took advantage of it. Good girl!

@Megan If the pinkish shimmer would have shown up in the photos I think you might have given it a better rating. I know I would. I'm determined to give this one another try; better mani and better photo lighting.

@Varnish Me Up That's the best word for it: potential

@KrisInPhilly You'll have to do an ugly theme yorself. But you'll have to call them 'Uglies I Love.' :p

@Sam OK, I understand. Where would you like it? Hmmm...I think bed sheets would actually be pretty. As long as they weren't sateen--ick!

@Lace You'd do great things with this as nail art. :)

The Peach on May 17, 2011 at 7:55 PM said...

Haha! Thanks for the flower to soften the ugliness :) I don't think its that bad. It looks pretty in the bottle. Probably not a color I would buy though.

Libby's Pink Vanity on May 17, 2011 at 9:46 PM said...

@Peach I wish you could see it IRL. It does, seriously, have some redeeming value. I truly am going to give this one another go.

Tara on May 22, 2011 at 9:09 PM said...

uhhh... okay this one... yes. I could see how it could be high fashion on someone with another skin tone, but only ONE so far out of your uglies that I didn't like. for me at least.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates