UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Holy Holographic Swoonful

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Holy Holographic Swoonful

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 1/01/2011 07:15:00 PM
How exciting is it to find something new?!  I spent a week in Denver with my brother, sister-in-law and niece.  My sister, from Dallas, and my Dad, wintering in South Texas, came in to make it a joyful Christmas.

And, how cool is it to have a brother that likes to shop!  Whoopie!  We went to one of the malls in Denver for my niece to use her gift certificates at 'An American Girl' store.  While walking the mall, I saw a new to me store.  It was the Makeup Store

This is the flagship store in the US for Makeup Store.  I would have thought it was a MAC store too.  It was all black, there was a wide variety of color for each product and the sales associates had the MAC attitude.  What's that?  I felt like I was treated as if I looked like Susan Boyle.  Look up the word 'haughty' and you'll know what I mean.

The prices were in line with MAC as well.  So I just got one nail polish: Madeliene.  I'm told that the names come from people who work for the company...

Totally captivating.  I wanted to pick the most interesting polish they had and this was it.

It's holographic so it's ALL colors.  And for a holographic, it is demure enough that it could be work-friendly.  My cuticles were a wreck over the holidays so I had this manicure done professionally.  There are just 2 coats of color and I did come home and put some Vite on top of it as well.

Last night, before I downloaded my holiday photos, I noticed that this polish matched my jammies...
And, one last photo of harnessing a colorama of holographicness...
I was told that if I ordered online, shipping was free after $50.  I'm considering it because Makeup Store has even more holographic polishes as well as tons of other colors.

Are you as fickle as I am and seem to always love the most current polish you are wearing?
If you have purchased from this company, what is your opinion on their products?

12 comments:

Unknown on January 1, 2011 at 7:19 PM said...

wow! that is gorgeous, I love silver holo's

L on January 1, 2011 at 7:19 PM said...

Very, very awesome. I want to go to that store one day.

MissMidnightBlue on January 1, 2011 at 7:33 PM said...

Gorgeous!!!! :)

The Phalanges Friend on January 1, 2011 at 7:35 PM said...

It sucks that the sales associates treated you not nicely...I hate stores like that, which is why I avoid MAC like the plague. Ugh.

As for the polish, it is a pretty color, but I feel like you can get the same colors from Nfu-Oh for less money, free shipping and no attitude. :D

OnceBitten on January 1, 2011 at 8:33 PM said...

I would say about every third polish I try is my new favorite. oooh! *This* one is my new favorite...oooh! no, *This* one...

jbrobeck on January 1, 2011 at 10:03 PM said...

I am so jealous! Which mall was it, Cherry Creek? Park Meadows? Flatirons? I bet Cherry Creek.

jbrobeck on January 1, 2011 at 10:04 PM said...

wait, no, was it at the outdoor mall in Aurora?

The Peach on January 1, 2011 at 11:17 PM said...

Yay for finding a new store! I have never heard of the Makeup Store before. But that sucks that the sales associates treated you that way. I would have probably walked out and not purchased anything.

But love the polish! What an awesome holo! Great find!

charmed-chick on January 2, 2011 at 8:35 AM said...

loving holographics at the mo :)

Lois on January 2, 2011 at 8:56 AM said...

It's gorgeous! Love it so much!

Kate on January 2, 2011 at 2:47 PM said...

That is such a great effect!

Unknown on January 2, 2011 at 3:17 PM said...

Looks very pretty, can't wait to see the other ones if you do order from them in the future !

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates