UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Sippin' Champagne and Doing My Nails

Monday, January 3, 2011

Sippin' Champagne and Doing My Nails

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 1/03/2011 07:46:00 PM
With the holidays being over, it's sort of anti-climatical to look at polish colors that have 'holiday' names.  But, if I just look at the color and go with my mood, I can deal with that. 

And, if you can't wait to see what's up and happenin' for the spring, check out Vampy Varnish's blog.  She reviewed some very spring-y colors from Dashing Diva.

When I saw the Barielle display at Ulta, I pushed everyone aside including a 10 year old quietly strolled over to it and got my grubby hands on picked up 2 colors to try out.

Here's one of them...

'Jess' Champagne Toast' got more brownie points other than just being a fun purple: they used the possessive following two 'S' correctly. 

It took 3 coats to get the color depth on the nail to match what was in the bottle.  I love the color in the bottle so much, I was prepared to do as many coats as necessary to achieve it.  I did put on one coat of Seche Clear, then a coat of China Glaze's 'Fast Forward Top Coat, then finally, Seche Vite.

A silvery purple with lots of shimmer, it also has pink micro-glitter as well.  This was a fine polish to use.  Performs easily and dries fairly fast too.  If you haven't read my spin on purple being pink's cousin, twice removed, you'll understand why Libby's Vanity has a 'thing' about purples. 
Do you think 'Jess' Champagne Toast' would suit you?  Do you know who your cousin, twice-removed, is?

12 comments:

Mimi (MakeupWithdrawal) on January 3, 2011 at 8:53 PM said...

Oh! This polish looks so great on you. When I saw it at Ulta, I didn't think it'd flatter my skin the way it does for you!

Megan Harmeyer on January 3, 2011 at 10:03 PM said...

Very pretty! I haven't spent much time looking at the Barielle display at Ulta because it's shoved at the bottom of a display rack. I think I need to pay more attention to it.

Libby's Pink Vanity on January 4, 2011 at 6:37 AM said...

@Mimi I think that's why I liked it and like purples. It's one color, no matter, looks good on me.

@Megan This display was shoved at the bottom too. What's up with that? You'd think something new they'd give it a better position.

The Peach on January 4, 2011 at 2:18 PM said...

This is such a great color! I understand why you "quietly strolled over to it!" :)

C on January 4, 2011 at 8:10 PM said...

Such a gorgeous color! :D

KarenD on January 5, 2011 at 1:13 PM said...

Hee--I snatched this one up, too. :) Very pretty on you!

Libby's Pink Vanity on January 5, 2011 at 4:17 PM said...

@Peach I'm sorry, was it YOU I shoved out of my way? ;p I hope you can get one too.

@Cernia you can say that again!

@KarenD I bet it looks good on you too. I'll look forward to your posting on it.

Kisha Jaggers on January 5, 2011 at 5:52 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kisha Jaggers on January 5, 2011 at 5:57 PM said...

I didnt steal anything from anyone.. I was not opening this up to discussion to you or anyone else. I have had my content stolen and I understand how it feels..But mabye you should let this be between she and I..I am sure she can handle things just fine on her own..So what an accident happened..Who really cares? .. I do not steal from anyone..I would not..I got the picture from another blogger that was not your friend and I got her permission..So I wasnt freaking stealing..She stole them and I guess edited out the watermark..So please know and understand the facts.. I got all over her and she also is suppose to be taking them down..But your friend handled herself with respect.I was kind and got them off and then got all over the other blogger who in fact gave me the permission to post them. In this digital era this is not easiset thing to deal with. I thought the pictures were hers and took her at her word that I could use them..So I am no longer going to deal with this.. I would not have done anything of the sort and I hope this clears it all up for everyone..I appreciate your link and how kind you were in the comment.. Good luck to you..

R.ChamberofBeauty on January 6, 2011 at 3:56 AM said...

Wowww this is such a lovely color!!!
Nice blog....check out mine!
I'm following you...follow back if you please?

Libby's Pink Vanity on January 10, 2011 at 6:38 PM said...

@Rakhshanda I already do! :)

~Elizabeth aka Lacquered Lizard on January 12, 2011 at 4:25 PM said...

Interesting, I got to bottle color in two coats...but they might have been a lil thick. :)
I don't understand why it photographs as if the texture is bumpy..it's not!
This is, most definitely, a favorite of 2010 for me.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates