UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: I Like Money, But...

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I Like Money, But...

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 1/11/2011 02:12:00 PM
I had lunch yesterday with Kari who runs OnceBitten.  I was smittened; I was having lunch with a nail blogger who I admire and she is a celebrity.  Kari is a puppeteer.  Like I told her, not the Punch and Judy stuff!  These puppets are truly dinosaur size!  Go check out her blog to find out more about her and to see her in depth reviews on nail polishes and beauty products.

As a follower, you may know my unpropitious feelings for boring nail polish names.  Here's a surprise then.  Revlon's 'Copper Penny' didn't do it for me.  Yep, it was one I said 'meh' to. 
Sunny window photo.
Outdoors in the sunlight.  (It's gorgeous here in Orlando today.)
Tip wear in under 24 hours.  Here in the sunny window again.

In the sunlight is the only attribute I find for 'Copper Penny.'  It was fussy to apply.  I have just 2 coats here and maybe could have done 3.  I have 2 coats of Seche Clear and one Vite over this.  It's got a few bubbles.

I do like metallic polishes and know they tend to be a pistol to apply.  Usually they are worth it.  I just don't feel that 'Copper Penny' is.  A penny earned, here, is a penny not worth picking up.

What do you think?  Do you like the color?  Do you find metallic polishes hard to use?



 

6 comments:

OnceBitten on January 11, 2011 at 2:39 PM said...

Thank you for the lovely afternoon of yummy foods and shopping - even though we didn't buy anything (that has to be a first!?!) I'd hardly say I'm a celebrity, but I do appreciate you giving my little blog a shout out!! xoxo

VampiressDoll on January 11, 2011 at 4:18 PM said...

Gorgeous colour! To me it seems like metallics usually chip more quickly than say a cream, no matter what topcoat or whatnot I use. x

Libby's Pink Vanity on January 11, 2011 at 7:23 PM said...

@OnceBitten Nope. You've been interviewed on TV and radio, you worked for a large, known company. And you are a nail blogger; you are a celeb!

@VampiressDoll Yep, that's what I experience. Sad, too, because I love the way they look. They just are good for a day's commitment, I guess.

KarenD on January 12, 2011 at 2:31 PM said...

Sun--I sort of remember what that is. :)

Metallics can be tricky, mostly from a brushstrokes aspect (maybe that's just my lack of patience in applying them).

Libby's Pink Vanity on January 12, 2011 at 3:43 PM said...

@KarenD I think Florida has stolen the sunshine from everywhere else. It may not be a consolation but, we are sitting at 34 degrees with the windchill. I agree with you about the brushstrokes; I was frustrated by that.

Sinead on January 14, 2011 at 5:22 AM said...

Love the colour - It's so perfect for Spring!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates