UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Garnier: Skincare Without Breaking the Bank

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Garnier: Skincare Without Breaking the Bank

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 1/26/2011 04:24:00 PM
I like fresh starts...most of the time.  However, when that fresh start involves a computer and trying to recover data...well, let's say, not so fresh words are coming out of my mouth.

Something I am working on is a 14 Day Valentine's Day Manicure Marathon.  I want to do 14 days straight of manicures for the Holiday of Love.  I think my first few manicures for this are saved on my camera.  Thanks, Cupid Angel!

So while I work on gearing up for that, here's a beauty product review.

Garnier has got to me.  All the lush commercials, the little samples in my magazines and coupons for products that are not as expensive as a spending spree at Tiffany's, Garnier is rockin' my skincare regimen.

Here are two I'm using and loving right now...
I started out with just the Moisture Rescue.  I was out of the cleansing lotion I had and wanted to try something else.  Getting a coupon made this transition easy.  I find it to be super rich and moisturizing.  More moisturizing than I would have expected.  This is very good news on my face.  I am drying out.  Becoming a raisin!!!  But, not without a viscous fight.

Moisture Rescue is very creamy and leaves my skin almost baby soft.  Washes away my super-duper mascara quite easily too.  I've been using through 2 tubes and I can say I will continue using Moisture Rescue.

I got another coupon for a Garnier cleanser and this time I picked up 'Skin Renew.'  This is three products in one.  And this is DA BOMB!  It cleanses and does a great job of it.  It scrubs the dead cells off the surface so that the glowing skin below shines through.  And third, it detoxifies as a mask.  If you have ever used a clay mask, you have an idea of how 'Skin Renew' feels and works.  And, since my skin isn't very thick, the exfoliating scrub isn't overly abrasive.  The corn starch may be the scrubbing ingredient.  However, it's the only ingredient listed that I think is the abrasive.  I do know that I get a very good, deep cleanse with this product.


The Moisture Rescue I use 4 to 5 times a week.  I will use the Skin Renew the other nights when I wash up.    The two main reasons I will continue to use Garnier is that one, it respects my skin and the moisture it needs and two, the very reasonable cost.  The drugstore price on both of these are around $8.  $1 off coupons are easy to come by too.

Recommendations, yes if you have dry and/or blackhead prone skin.  If you have oil, the kaolin clay in the Skin Renew will make a nice mask for your face.  If you avoid sodium laureth/lauryl sulphate, as well as methlyparaben, you will not want to use these two products.

Got any Garnier recommendations you can make?

4 comments:

Lady Flower on January 26, 2011 at 4:29 PM said...

I like garnier. I have gel to face- Clean Skin. I really like it. It's efficient & cleanses the pores.
xoxo ;*

Gaby Fauchon on January 26, 2011 at 5:53 PM said...

I love Garnier, their products make me feel fresh (=

Candi on January 27, 2011 at 5:29 PM said...

I agree that Garnier products are awesome!
I was using the SPF lotion for a while and I really loved it.
I think I'm gonna go back once I'm done with the olay one.
nice post

Libby's Pink Vanity on January 29, 2011 at 8:04 PM said...

@lady_flower123 I haven't tried that one but I like getting pores clean. :) Very important since I do wear a lot of makeup.

@GABY That's the right word for it: fresh!

@Miss.XoXo remember when getting SPF in lotions made them gooey and thick? New skincare innovations make it so much nicer to get SPF protection. And that's important!!!!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates