UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: A Couple of Pleasant Surprises From Forever 21

Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Couple of Pleasant Surprises From Forever 21

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 1/09/2011 05:26:00 PM
There are several things that I find fun and one of them are pleasant surprises.  Those little, sweet, unexpected events.  Getting a speeding ticket is not a pleasant surprise.  Finding some cheap nail polish that goes beyond my expectations is.

Check out this pretty blue...

Love and Beauty's 'Navy.'  I don't even thing it is close to navy.  Nail polish name fail!  How about 'Navy Gravy?'  I am pleased that I was able to capture the golden swirls in this polish.  Because of the golden shimmer, this ups it a notch to me and I likey!!!

This is two coats of color over a base coat.  I have one coat of Seche Clear followed by one coat of China Glaze's Fast Forward Top Coat.
Not a bad polish, at all, for $2.80.

Now, this one, got my 'OMG!!!'....

'Purple.'  Really?  That's all they could say about this super cool color?  Hmmm...'Purple Smurple.'  Same as the 'Navy Gravy', it has the shimmer of gold.

I want to give a disclaimer; I am showing this mani after 4 hours of working in a grocery store.  I'm a merchandiser, so I move things around, put them in place and make them look nice.  A lot of times that involves picking off a price tag.  That's were the wear comes in on this mani.  I would have taken photos before I left to work if the sun would have been up; it was just a bit after sun up when I left this morning.

But, pleasant surprise...
This is one coat!  I have one coat of China Glaze's Fast Forward Top Coat on that was followed with Seche Vite.

Both of these paid off looking just like the color in the bottle.  I paid only $2.80 for each of them.  They applied and dried well.  Yea...you could say I'm pleasantly surprised.

What was the last polish that became a pleasant surprise for you?

7 comments:

jbrobeck on January 9, 2011 at 5:39 PM said...

Did you know that those are really the new LA Girls? And they are SO MUCH CHEAPER than Cherry Culture! LA Girls makes it for them private label!

Amy on January 9, 2011 at 6:28 PM said...

I was just there today and checked out some of the polishes. They have some really unique colors! I agree about the lame color names. I picked up this sheer light green with gold/red flakies in it, and all they called it was "light green"!

Megan Harmeyer on January 9, 2011 at 7:08 PM said...

Those are great colors!! I usually run as fast as I can past that store in the mall...maybe I'll actually go in next time *gasp*. LOL

SiSi Sparkles on January 9, 2011 at 7:12 PM said...

wow, beautiful colors and a great steal? love it!

MissMidnightBlue on January 10, 2011 at 8:53 AM said...

Oooh! I need to get over there pronto! lol

Libby's Pink Vanity on January 10, 2011 at 6:36 PM said...

@jbrobeck I didn't know that! Makes better sense. I used to get LA Girl @Five Below when I lived in Virginia Beach. I miss that store...

@Amy It's a chance to show your creativity. Give 'er a name!

@Megan I only like the store for the jewelry and makeup. I've only found a couple of clothes there would would fit my curves. :/

@SiSi Do you have a Forever 21 near you? If so, check it out!

@MissMidnightBlue You sure do! :)

Unknown on May 29, 2011 at 10:15 PM said...

Thanks for the comment :)
I also own the Navy one, and i loooove the color. But for some reason when I took it off it stained by hands really bad! But for like $2, it was a great buy.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates