UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Have a Smokin' Good Time

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Have a Smokin' Good Time

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 4/03/2011 09:07:00 PM
Make hay while the sun is shining...what a cliche...lol.  Made more sense before electricity.  Hee hee.  For me, it meant it was a beautiful, sunny day; start swatchin'!

This is Revlon's Top Speed One Coat in 'Smoke.'  Such a pretty smoked out blue/gray.  I could have gotten away with that one coat but I did two for good measure.  Even though it looks like a creme, there is the very faintest hint of a pink shimmer. 


 This blue manicure is to help bring awareness to Autism, as this month is Autism Awareness Month.  I saw an entire endcap at Barnes & Nobles today devoted to books about autism.  If you can, please contribute to a friend of Jasmine's, at ColourCoated blog,  that is doing a walk for autism.  Please click here, to get the info on how you can contribute.  Even $1 will make a difference.

I would consider wearing this color for any season.  It works right now because it reminds me of an Easter egg color or Easster candy.  Remember those malt ball Easter eggs?  These are the main reason I can't get through the season without candy.

Because 'Smoke' is a fast dry polish, I had to work fast as it really does dry up.  It was difficult for me to keep it from being streak free.  I'm just pokey.
Something I do know, this color really is 'smokin'!  There are so many glitter/shimmer/crackle top coats that would look cool on 'Smoke.'  But the other thing...this polish STUNK!!!  Pew-wee!  Might I suggest doing this with the windows open. >-<

Wouldn't you like to play with this polish with  different types of top coats?  What one would you use?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this shade! I should go get it if it's still available.

Christine on April 4, 2011 at 1:14 AM said...

That is such a pretty shade, i need to try out the Revlon nail polishes :)

Xo Christine
http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

Megan Harmeyer on April 4, 2011 at 9:06 AM said...

It's really pretty, but I've seen about 50 of the same/very similar color. I have a couple of the old formula Revlons - they're pretty but OMG they stink!

FOREVER '92 on April 4, 2011 at 11:17 AM said...

I like it! --I love Revlon, it was one of my first nail polishes so I have a soft spot for Revlon (:

Libby's Pink Vanity on April 4, 2011 at 9:36 PM said...

@kittypolishnbags I don't even recall where I got this one. Usually I do. But I know I saw it and liked it instantly.

@Christine This is a different type of polish, in the way it applies.

@Megan It's not much of a unique color as of late, you're right. Gawd, they all stink?!!!

@Forever '92 I am pretty sure I cut my teeth on Sally Hansen. Grandma wore the pink frosts and my Mom would do darker pinks/fuchsias.

jbrobeck on April 5, 2011 at 9:09 PM said...

i think i just found this at Ross! i hope so, i really like it!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates