UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Wearing Blue to Raise Autistic Awareness

Friday, April 1, 2011

Wearing Blue to Raise Autistic Awareness

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 4/01/2011 07:19:00 PM
I have a handful of 'pet' causes and charities I like to support.  Jasmine, at ColourCoated nail blog, brought to our attention that April is Autism Awareness Month.  The color to represent this awareness if blue.  Allow me to share my blue Autism Awareness with you...

Here is OPI's 'Yoga-ta Get This Blue'.  What a deal too.  I got it at Walmart's hair salon called 'Smartstyle' for 60% off.  I picked up 3 other colors too.  At $3.40 a bottle, I HAD to get them!
'Yoga-ta Get This Blue' is that deep, inky blue color that I love.  It's quite unexpected, looks blue upon first site, and had me staring at my own nails.  Do you think other people find that odd?  Hmm, probably.
I have on 3 coats with a top coat of Vite and then Orly's 'Glosser.'  I was looking for top shine!

Upon viewing my photos, I see that I need to wrap the polish around the top of my nails.  Amazing what I find when I scrutinize my results with close-up photography.  Maybe with more practice and, learning to use a photo-fixing software, I can glamorize my nails.  That and working on moisturizing them every 10 minutes.

And talking about glamorizing, Libby is going in for a photo shoot tomorrow.  Wish us luck.  Libby doesn't get out in public very often.  We hope to get some photos that are blog-worthy.

I have a bestie that has an autistic daughter.  A friend of Jasmine's has two autistic children.  She is currently raising money for an autism awareness walk that she will be participating in later this year.
Her name is Jessica Scott, and if you would like to donate to the cause you can do so here:

Please consider helping Jessica help a worthy cause.

Do you have any causes or charities that are close to your heart?

9 comments:

Lace Escapades on April 1, 2011 at 7:50 PM said...

My older sister has autism, as do two of my cousins, so April consists of mostly blue nail polish and clothing for me. I know it doesn't necessarily do much, but I just feel like it's a good thing to do. I really want to get into an autism awareness walk this year.

Gorgeous polish, also. :)

-Kieran

Anonymous said...

I have this shade! I can't believe I was just trying to decide what blues I have that I can use and I thought to myself I don't have any blue OPIs except for a DS. Your post just grabbed me by the shoulders and shook some sense into me! I have SEVERAL blue OPIs! What was I thinking?! :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on April 2, 2011 at 8:43 AM said...

@Lace Escapades Thanks for sharing. I feel doing anything towards a cause heightens the energy level of awareness. You added to that vibration.

@kittypolishnbags Glad it helped you with a realization. My OPI collection certainly is growing. Deals like this one that I found helps (or adds to my madness?).

EVERYTHINGSDIAMOND on April 2, 2011 at 11:29 AM said...

I didn't know they carried polish at smartstyle! That is a beautiful blue!

Libby's Pink Vanity on April 2, 2011 at 10:33 PM said...

@EverythingsDiamond I didn't either. I just happened, by chance, to see a clearance tower at the front of their store and stopped to look. When I saw the polish, I 'zoned' right in. ;)

Anonymous said...

Ahh so many beautiful blues today! This is one of the first blue nail polishes I ever bought and I forgot about it! It looks so pretty on you! Thank you so, so much for participating love! :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on April 3, 2011 at 9:39 AM said...

@Colourcoated You have no idea how great it is for me to not only join in on this cause but to help contribute. I am surrounded by great nail blog friends. :D

mubynicolelocke on April 3, 2011 at 10:12 AM said...

I participated in this also! great cause and great mani :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on April 4, 2011 at 9:38 PM said...

@Nicnacksnails And I loved your mani for it too. I love plaid nails! And pants too...when are they going to come back into fashion? LOL!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates