UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Milani's Hot Pink Manicure Fit For A 5K Race

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Milani's Hot Pink Manicure Fit For A 5K Race

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 2/26/2012 08:45:00 PM
Race Day! And I won! OK, I didn't win THE race but I won my own admiration. I set a new, personal best time and I completed the 5K race. Hooray! Oh, and I got a medal too!

Here I am all ready to begin. Yes, it was dark; I got up at 3:30 AM and was at DisneyWorld by 4:15. The race started promptly at 7 AM. I had to get there early because the parking lot was going to fill up fast. There were 5000 runners alone.

Check out the Epcot ball behind me...
It was windy and chilly. But that made it perfect weather for me to run. Before the race I shucked the gloves and about 1 mile into the run, I tied my jacket around me too.

If you look in the middle of this photo, you can spot me in my white visor, coming into the finish line. Yes, running!
Here are my race day nails...

Something fun, festive, princess-like and pink: Milani's 'Hot Pink'. This race is called the Princess 5K Fun Run and it was part of the entire Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend. I ran on Saturday; the 1/2 Marathon was Sunday. (Please do not ask when I will run a 1/2 Marathon; that's not going to happen. 3.1 miles is plenty.)

As jam-packed as this large glitter is, I thought I'd get a heavy coverage. But it turned out like this...

This is 3 coats. I don't have on a top coat because I wasn't going to leave it on this weekend. I knew I was going to do more swatching.However, this was a fun manicure and I got a couple of compliments on it.
There is approximately 2/3 magenta glitter to 1/3 silver. The silver helps give it a twinkle. You can imagine how cool 'Hot Pink' would be layered over a variety of base colors.

And talk about variety...
 I tried to snap a photo of me running with the Beast from Beauty and the Beast. What a cute Beast at that!
 I came upon a woman dressed like the Chiceta banana lady. Once I got past her, it wasn't a good idea for me to turn around and snap a photo, though.
 I'm coming up to run around the ball and then into the home stretch.
 A photo of the crowd of runners once I crossed the finish line.
And here I am catching my breath once I finished. I'm still breathing hard and I don't seem to be able to smile at the same time. :)

After more fretting than necessary, the run was fun and I enjoyed running around Epcot. The weather was great and I got some cool swag food after I had my offical race photo taken. I milled around a bit after that then went back into town and celebrated with a Starbucks chai tea.

What grand moment did you have this weekend? Do you find 'Hot Pink' a fun polish for the my race?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates