UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Sample Saturday: True Blue's Really Refreshing Face Scrub

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sample Saturday: True Blue's Really Refreshing Face Scrub

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 2/18/2012 09:06:00 PM
Today's sample is not really a sample. It is considered a mini size. Hmmm...whatever! Let's call it a sample today, shall we?

It is thrifty to purchase a mini to see if you want to invest in a full-size, that's true. And Bath and Body Works knows that in the heart of heart of their customers, we love the baby-sized stuff!

Here's one that I gave a go at...
This is True Blue's 'Really Refreshing Face Scrub' in peppermint. It's mini at 1 oz and full price is $6. But I know I got it with a special like 'Buy 2 get one free' deal. I took the opportunity to test this one out.

Both my hubs and I use facial scrubs. We actually like the same ones. When St. Ives discontinued our favorite one, I set upon a quest to find a replacement. Truth is, I wasn't looking forward to testing facial scrubs. I'm ultra picky about facial scrubs. I'm serious about taking care of my skin. It scars easily so I don't need to be rubbing crushed apricot pits into my face!

It was just a chance I took when I picked this one up...
It reminds me of Arm and Hammer's Baking Soda toothpaste. That's a good thing. The scrubbing ingredient in True Blue's scrub is silica, that's a very fragile mineral and you find it in makeup as well. The mineral can be tumbled until it is round but very small. The round silica doesn't have any jagged edges to tear at the skin; it just rolls up the loose, dead skin.

Only the smallest, tiniest feeling of grit, this scrub feels safe...and refreshing on my skin. It isn't overdone with the peppermint fragrance either. I don't mind a bold smell or that fresh tingle peppermint can have. But, I think it is because the fragrance is softer that my hubs can give this facial scrub the nod.

My verdict is that, for now, this is our current facial scrub. I use it once a week and hubs uses it around 3 times a month. I used one of my Bath and Body Works coupons to purchase the full size. It costs around $20 but it is a large tube and, who buys stuff at Bath and Body Works at full price?!!!! You should get on their email list and they will send you lots of special coupons. Then you can get some of their mini products and find something that fits the bill for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates