UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: A Pleasant Surprise: Smashbox Lip Glosses

Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Pleasant Surprise: Smashbox Lip Glosses

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 2/19/2012 04:30:00 PM
Want to see what I got as a surprise in the mail last week?
This is a mystery gifting because I do not know who got this for me. It came directly from Smashbox too. Not a clue could I find on the invoice. So, thank you, special friend. And let me go on to tell you just how sweet this gift is.

Let me show you what these goodies are as I tell you why this is the perfect beauty gift...
You know I love samples, right? This sample of Smashbox's Photo Finish Hydrating primer is so cute, I hate to use it! But, Smashbox's primer is what got me into using primers. This product is top-notch at the Pink Vanity. Foundation primers are pretty popular right now, but about 10 years ago, it was cutting edge stuff. And, Smashbox was one of the first.

Then, there are not just one but two lip glosses!!! Smashbox makes some of my favorite shades for glosses...
 True Lip Gloss in 'Tempt' is the top gloss. Lip Enhancing  Gloss in 'Surge' is on the bottom. Both are hot!
 
'Surge' is sure to get your heart, and your sweetie's, pumping. This gloss is translucent but it has a lot of pigment. In the top photo, you can see all this shimmer! Love!
'Tempt' is the perfect shade for me when I want an all-around, 'goes with everything I wear' shade. I haven't taken it out of my purse's makeup bag since getting it. This shade gives my own lips a boost of color for a polished look.
Truly, I sure do love Smashbox! I use their brow powder and wax every single day. I have two back ups because they don't make this duo pack anymore. Luckily, they have the brow wax sold singly and that means no more wasted brow powder!!! Their shadows, blushes and lipsticks are some of my favorite. One thing I found while prepping for this review is that I tend to hoard my Smashbox products. I love them so much I want them to last. If you don't understand that logic, well, then it can be safe to say...you are not a hoarder. :)

So, do you know what works well with Smashbox glosses, especially these two I got?...
 Two of the lip pencils I already have from Smashbox!! These pencils are not new, I've had them and been using them for quite a long time. I'm hooked on the creamy texture and how long this product stays on my lips. The two new glosses, in 'Surge' and 'Tempt', go perfectly the Overexposure Lipstick Pencils in 'Best Actress' at the top and, 'Mauve Shimmer', shown at the bottom.

What a wonder, pleasant surprise to have these glosses and the primer sample to add to my Smashbox collection. Thank you to my secret benefactor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates