UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Hi! I'm One Year Old Today!!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hi! I'm One Year Old Today!!

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 5/14/2011 09:43:00 PM
Happy 1st Blog Anniversary, Libby's Pink Vanity!!!!

All I can add is that this has been the most fun I have had on the Internet. I have new friends, new blogs to read and new products to check out...all I would never have known about without joining this community.  Thank you, dear readers, for being a part of my fun.
 
I have loads of manicures in the can to post. I've given up the hope that I can keep up with my habit purchases. So, unless I wish to declare defeat, I have a lot of fodder to keep the blog rollin'.
 
Sometimes you  get a story to go along with a nail/makeup purchase. I'll keep this one short.

I found a CoverGirl NailSlick's two-pack at the Dollar Tree. There was only one clerk at the register and he was taking his time. He was commenting about every item anyone was buying. I almost put this down because I wasn't in the mood to deal with purchase commentary. There were at least 5 people ahead of me. The, when there was just one person ahead of me, he pushed the check button instead of the debit card button, I yelled out a 'NOOOO!' However, I stuck it out and I walked away a winner.
 


 I didn't make thispurchase for this color. This is OMFG UGLY!!!  Applied well; polish wasn't globby; dried well too. Only negative-it's ugly. It's called 'Sand Castle'.
 
But here is why I purchased the set...
IceSlick's 'Anti-Freeze'. This polish looks like alien go-in-the-dark snot. It's neat-o.
 I'm not going to spam-alot because my nails were in sore need of a gel refill,  NOT the acrylic one I was given instead. Also, I've cut back my nails since. But 'Anti-Freeze' just melted my icy feelings about 'Sand Castle.'  The photos don't do this polish justice and neither do my nails. What can do it justice is to revisit it under better conditions. I want you to see what a truly cool look 'Anti-Freeze' can make.

Sometimes I just have to put up with crap happening around me. Even if I didn't do the crapping, someone did and someone will have to deal with it. Try not to crap on anyone's day.
Thanks for tagging along with me. You are all very special. (HUGS)

14 comments:

Elizabeth Life and Polish on May 14, 2011 at 9:55 PM said...

Happy Blogoversary! and awesome find <3

FOREVER '92 on May 14, 2011 at 10:02 PM said...

lol I love your last comment on not crapping on anyone's day

-but yeah Anti-Freeze looks amazing, can't wait to see what you do with it. (:

The Peach on May 14, 2011 at 10:03 PM said...

Happy one year! I thought you had been at it longer than a year! Great score at the dollar store! Anti-Freeze is an awesome polish!

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st birthday dear! Here's to many more!

Mary on May 14, 2011 at 10:25 PM said...

Happy Anniversary! I love Anti-Freeze and lots of the old Ice/Nail Slicks :)

Anonymous said...

I tagged ya for an award by the way: http://kittypolishnbags.wordpress.com/2011/05/14/kreativ-blogger-award/

MissMidnightBlue on May 15, 2011 at 3:20 AM said...

Happy blog birthday! :)

LOOOOOOL @ This polish looks like alien go-in-the-dark snot. It's neat-o.

Oh you make me laugh. :D

I love anti-freeze. :D

chell on May 15, 2011 at 5:00 AM said...

happy blogversary to youuu,,,

Nicole on May 15, 2011 at 6:47 AM said...

Girllll for some reason I thought you'd been blogging longer - HAPPY FIRST BLOGIVERSARY! ♥
Great find! I never find anything decent in my DTs and I've been hitting them hard core. I keep looking though, I know they show up at the oddest times!

Hadia on May 15, 2011 at 8:43 AM said...

Happy Blog Anniversary! <3

deysi on May 15, 2011 at 10:01 AM said...

hello greetings from Peru, happy blog anniversary, I love shiny glazes are spectacular, congratulations on your achievements.
I invite you to my humble blog there you will find fashion, makeup, manicure, etc
bye
http://conestilodeysimari.blogspot.com/

Libby's Pink Vanity on May 15, 2011 at 3:41 PM said...

@Elizabeth Thank you! It was touch and go there for a few minutes.

@Forever '92 I can see lots of fun packed into this polish.

@Peach Yep, I'm just a 1 yr old baby here. :) Anti-Freeze truly lives up to its cult following.

@kittypolishnbags Ah, thank you, sweets! I saw that you tagged me when I read your post. Why, thanks! Getting right onto it. :)

@Mary How cool of you to stop by. :) I hope I can find some more of the IceSlicks. I can know see what the clammer has been about.

@MissMidnight Hee hee on the alien snot. Can you tell the 12 year old came out?

@chell Thank you, darling! Nice to see you too!

@Nicholle Oh, I'm much older than you think..lolol! ;P I rarely go to DT anymore because it has been more a waste of time for me. This ended up being a pleasant surprise.

@Hadia Thank you, my dear!!

@deysi And thank you for stopping by too. You are a sweetie!!

Phyrra on May 15, 2011 at 4:07 PM said...

Happy Anniversary ;)

rebeca.cd on May 15, 2011 at 4:26 PM said...

happy (Belated) anniversary! (^_^)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates