UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Cheap Ass or Frugal?

Monday, May 9, 2011

Cheap Ass or Frugal?

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 5/09/2011 09:42:00 PM
I, simply, like to think I got a steal when I find something (I want) on sale or clearance...

Case in point: Sonia Kashuk's 'Starry Night'.  (Yes, that name took 3 months on the Copywriter's desk to be developed. :? )
Poor 'Starry Night'. It got marked down 3 times before it got purchased. I don't know why because, despite it's name, it really isn't a lame color.

'Starry Night' is a really, really, really inky purple with silvery-lavender micro-glitter.  Sorry, I don't know who Sonia Kasnuk is. Surely, a famous designer or makeup artist spotlighted by Target. I purchased 'Starry Night' because of the price beautiful color.

There was tip wear after one day. I did a base with 3 coats of polish. I topped it off with Seche Clear.

Seriously, I do like the color a lot. I'm going to save this one and work with it again in 5 months. Why 5 months? Why, it will be Halloween!!!

In the meantime, here's a photo of a magnolia flower from my backyard tree...

11 comments:

FOREVER '92 on May 9, 2011 at 9:50 PM said...

It's a steal! Great find, it's a gorgeous color (: -I can't wait for Halloween myself

Megan Harmeyer on May 9, 2011 at 9:50 PM said...

OMGosh...Halloween is in 5 months? *sigh* How is that even possible?! That's a pretty color and a not so pretty name. I've never picked up any of that brand because I refuse to pay whatever price they're asking for it. But, for $1.24, I might give it a glance. :)

Recalcitrant Nails on May 9, 2011 at 9:55 PM said...

Lovely color. I'd go with frugal but cheap assed works too depending on who I'm talking with. And I would have been drawn to it for the *ahem* bottle color also. At least at first. :)

The Peach on May 9, 2011 at 10:02 PM said...

Looks like a great color! You can't go wrong for the price! Summers not even here yet, you can't be talking Halloween! I need some summer soon!

Eve on May 10, 2011 at 3:21 PM said...

heehee i love finding clearances!!

Libby's Pink Vanity on May 10, 2011 at 3:30 PM said...

@Forever '92 I can't wait for Halloween because that will mean the heat is over in Florida. :)

@Megan I think if you have kids that there is more a dread to the holidays. It makes Moms really busy! I agree about not picking this one up without the clearance price.

@LWTT We think alike!! ;)

@Peach It's 92 today; 93 yesterday. Summer is just cranking up here in Central Florida.

@Y I head right for the clearance aisle after I look at what's new. :)

Anonymous said...

For that price, I'll take it and run. I'll pray for the best that I won't want to franken the hell out of it cause it turned out to be something not even worth what I paid. Good thing it doesn't look something in that category. :D I liek it on you.

Unknown on May 10, 2011 at 11:14 PM said...

Very pretty!!! What a great price too :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on May 11, 2011 at 6:43 AM said...

2kittypolishnbags I have some stuff lined up to franken but it doesn't include this cutie. I'd be interested in what you could franken this as.

@rmcandlelight Thanks! The cost just sweetened the deal. Under $2? I'll try just about anything.:)

Swatch And Learn on May 11, 2011 at 7:24 PM said...

Nice colour, and wow, that really is a steal! I can't believe it survived all those markdowns.
- Mary

Libby's Pink Vanity on May 12, 2011 at 9:35 AM said...

@SwatchAndLearn I think that's why I coveted it so much because no one else had nabbed it. I really do like the color.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates