UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: The Ugly Series: Part 4, How Could I Mess That Up

Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Ugly Series: Part 4, How Could I Mess That Up

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 5/21/2011 07:26:00 AM
Why is it ugly...

Well, it's not. However, outside of nail blogland, there are those that find black nail polish just frightful. There are many parents that would not want to see black nail polish on their child's Sunday School teacher.

That said, I wanted to take a black polish and juice it up. For my black, I chose Essence's 'I Love My Jeans'. Take a look at this black polish. This is NOT your regular, plain ol' black.
This black has a low-light silver shimmer to it. And truthfully, I didn't notice it when I picked it up to do an ugly. Here I have on 3 coats. If you notice the pinkie, it is a sneak preview of what I'm going to do here. That's a test run.
Here, you can see those shimmers. I can't even say whether it is silver or whether it is holo. It captured many different colors when held my nails juuuust right in the sunlight.

Now to see if I can massacre it..

This yellow is from a 6 pack of...gasp!!! flaky glitters. Oh, my gosh! I picked out the color I liked least to do the experiment.

One coat, boys and girls. The black took care of any of that yellow 'took vitamins pee' color. And what appeared...swoonafied gemme!! It has no name. Should I call it 'Vitamin Pee'?
 Wow. Now I'm inclined to try this again with the other holo glitters. Do I dare tell you there's a RED one?? One coat...oh, I said that already. I'm sort of dazed by this combo.

I tried to do an ugly and ended up with love. Reminds me of finding love. I had decided I was perfectly happy with being single. And then what happens; I met my husband. Crap! I can't even get 'singlehood' down correctly. (Secretly I'm not bummed about it, though.)
 Can I call this ugly? Nope. I couldn't do ugly this time. May not be everyone's dream mani, but it sure is mine.

Did I give this one a fair shake? Shall we venture to call this a 'pleasant surprise'?

9 comments:

Unknown on May 21, 2011 at 8:35 AM said...

I Agree with you!
In the bottle it's really horrible, but like that this is pretty awesome!

Shareena on May 21, 2011 at 9:58 AM said...

it is nice to put on other color but I think it is not as nice if you use the yellow flaky polish on its own.-.-

Libby's Pink Vanity on May 21, 2011 at 11:29 AM said...

@rock-or-not It is like finding gold in the rocks. Get it, rock-or-not?? ;)

@Shareena It might be nice on someone who has a perfect nail bed and the right skin tone. That would be me, however.

Lace Escapades on May 21, 2011 at 11:50 AM said...

I really like this one with the flakies over it! Not an ugly polish at all.

-Kieran

The Peach on May 21, 2011 at 12:51 PM said...

The black on its own is a little plain. Definitely not my style. Black need to be high gloss to be pretty. Love what you did to it with the flakies!

In Palace on May 21, 2011 at 7:13 PM said...

amazing! these two colour joined

In Palace ♥

Libby's Pink Vanity on May 22, 2011 at 8:18 PM said...

@Lace That flakie is the saving grace. :)

@Peach I agree that black polish needs to be shiny for me to be won over. I am doing some more flakies because of this beautiful one.

@In Palace Thank you! Can you like!

Tara on May 22, 2011 at 9:04 PM said...

another amazingly sexy combination! Its like space!! I love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

With flakie, awesomeness! Without, I don't like it. I'm glad I saw this swatch cause now I don't feel as bad passing on it at ULTA this past weekend.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates