UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Seriously Dainty - Ulta's 'Steal The Groom'

Friday, May 27, 2011

Seriously Dainty - Ulta's 'Steal The Groom'

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 5/27/2011 05:58:00 PM
Let's start the weekend!!!

I love Ulta minis. I like the cost (more polish for less money) and the themes.  Here's one I was surprised I would like...
'Always a Bridesmaid' is a set of pastels that all have complimentary-colored micro-glitter.
 Here's the first one I swatched...


This green cutie is 'Steal the Groom,' which in my mind would not be a tasteful thing to do. And, as I think about it, I've never been a bridesmaid. Could there be a...dare say...connection? (Not a confession!)
A pale sea-foam green with lots and lots of tiny iridescent glitter. All of which is not captured in this outdoor lighting. Go back and check the first photo, above, and there you'll see it.
 
I used Sally Hansen's 'Teflon Tuff' as a base coat and then 3 coats of 'Steal The Groom.' There's one coat of Nailene's 'Miracle Maker' to finish it off.
I thought this would be a bit gritty, but it wasn't. And removal was without a hitch.
Rather than a plain pastel, I feel 'Steal The Groom' sets forth a feel of Seriously Dainty. And, as a loyal reader, you'll know that I love irony and oxymorons.

If you picked up this collection, which shade did you like best?

5 comments:

In Palace on May 27, 2011 at 7:50 PM said...

pretty colours

In Palace ♥

The Peach on May 27, 2011 at 10:38 PM said...

What a great set! Very pretty! Love Steal the Groom!

rebeca.cd on May 28, 2011 at 2:50 PM said...

Those are cute colours! Though I prefer brighter ones for spring-summer

Libby's Pink Vanity on May 28, 2011 at 9:16 PM said...

@In Palace I am quite partial to it :)

@Peach I was really surprised I didn't find them boring

@Becky You like the brighter, like almost neons? Some of those are very cool. I did a review of one of L'Oreals summer set in 'Yellow Seahorse.' Take a look back in my blog pages.

The Sunday Girl on May 29, 2011 at 4:21 PM said...

those colours are fab! so pretty :) I lied my lovely blogger has returned my following button to a green exclamation mark! x

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates