UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Facial Wipe Wednesday: Yes To Cucumbers Facial Towelettes

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Facial Wipe Wednesday: Yes To Cucumbers Facial Towelettes

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 5/30/2012 07:26:00 PM
The facial wipe that I have been using for the past week is Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Facial Towelettes...

While waiting in a long line at my neighborhood Ulta, I spotted these in the little shelves they have oh, so strategically placed where check out lines are formed. Actually, it was to my advantage to find these in the travel size, 10 count, rather than having to purchase a full size one. Read on to find out why.
 There is no doubt that this is a product with cucumbers. The smell is delish. I thought about putting these in the refrigerator and creating a cool effect on my hot face. But, it truly isn't necessary as these wipes felt cool to my skin anyway. 


Here is what the towelette looks like...
Nothing unique or fancy; just a regular towelette. I did tear the flap though. So, what I did was use all 10 wipes rather than just testing this product for 7 days. 


I found that Yes To Cucumbers wasn't totally effective on removing my eye makeup. During the trial period, I make it an effort to use a variety of shadows, liners and mascaras. I had to press and wipe my eyes too hard for my liking. And, I had to swipe too many times while pressing hard, almost scrubbing my eyelashes to remove all traces of mascara. And that was on any type of mascara; regular and water-proof. It didn't seem to make a difference. I also had to scrub harder than usual on the rest of my face too. I don't have any issues with a good scrub to get clean but this was excessive for delicate facial and eye skin.

This is the reason I am glad I only got a travel version of Yes To Cucumbers Towelettes; this stung my face. I don't consider myself someone with sensitive skin so I was really surprised by this. As you can see on the packaging, it states 'soothing'. Gracious, no! It wasn't soothing to my skin one bit. The smell is soothing but my skin hurt. 

So, to wrap it up, I wasn't happy with Yes To Cucumbers Facial Towelettes. Anyone that has sensitive skin, I would advise you to be very cautious trying these out. The packaging also states that it will 'cleanse, remove makeup and nourish the skin...all in one swipe!' No, it did not. 

As stated, I did find these at Ulta but I have also seen them at Walgreens.


Have you tried these and what has been your experience?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates