UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Facial Wipe Wednesday: Forever 21's Love & Beauty Tissues

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Facial Wipe Wednesday: Forever 21's Love & Beauty Tissues

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 5/16/2012 07:20:00 PM
Steph, at Imperfectly Painted, was talking about using Pond's Facial Wipes and how much she likes them. She mentioned that she felt like she was cheating using facial wipes. I think she meant it was a quick and easy way to cleanse the face rather than with some product and a wash cloth.

However, I beg to differ. My version of cheating would be to NOT take off my makeup at all. And that is one of the biggest No-No's in my book. I bet I have only gone to bed with my makeup on less than 2 dozens times in all the decades that I have worn makeup. In fact, I was washing my face nightly before I was even wearing makeup.

Steph's love for the Pond's Facial Wipes led me to purchasing a package myself. It was a reminder that I really do like to use facial wipes. And, facial wipes are something I take with me when I travel. I don't need water to use them and there isn't the chance that they will open and get goo all over my makeup bag.

One thing can lead to another and I thought I would do a review on a few easy-to-find makeup/facial wipes, semi-weekly on Wednesdays. Hence, the title.

My first facial/makeup remover wipe is from Forever 21's love and beauty 'makeup cleansing tissues'. 'Tissues' sound a bit more sophisticated than 'wipes', doesn't it?
These wipes have lavender extract in them. Lavender is one of my favorite, natural fragrances. It's not always been that way. I used to think lavender was an 'old lady' aroma. Well, long before I got into this 'old lady' era myself, I found that I actually do like the smell of lavender. And when lavender is mixed with other fragrances (think Bath and Body Works 'lavender macaroons' candle or, Teavana's 'Citrus Lavender Sage' tea), I'm in!

So, right off the bat, I'm loving the fragrance of these tissues. The wipes, itself, were very soft and silky to the touch...

There's nothing very special about how it looks but, how it feels and performs are key.

And my verdict, after using love & beauty's wipes, I didn't want to move on to the next week's new brand of wipes. I really, REALLY like this one. Not only was it gentle to my face but, it took my makeup off without having to scrub at all.

Here's my criteria for reviewing facial cleanser/makeup remover wipes:

1) Well, it has to work. I'm looking for a product that will remove my makeup as well, as cleanse my face.
2) The fragrance has to be pleasant to me or, have no fragrance at all. Especially, if it says it has no fragrance.
3) It will need to feel comfortable on my skin. Even wash clothes are not super silky, but I don't want to use something that is like wool either.
4) Do I feel the need to rinse my face with water after using the wipe and/or, do I feel the need for a moisturizer?

love & beauty succeeds in all categories. I have dry skin right after washing so I always use a moisturizer anyway. But I want to see exactly how my skin feels after using a facial wipe and not, immediately, applying a moisturizer. This one was just OK. After 15 minutes, I felt the need to put on my evening moisturizer. My skin was feeling tight on my cheeks and the middle of my forehead.

Verdict: The Vanity says these are the best, so far. I am actually on my 3rd brand and this one is my favorite to date.

This product can be found at Forever 21 stores. The cost will set you back a whole $1.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's going to be finish of mine day, but before ending I am reading this great post to improve my knowledge.
Also visit my blog post sharemysportsclips.com

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates