UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: A Gray 'Totally Fort Worth It' for Brain Tumor Awareness

Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Gray 'Totally Fort Worth It' for Brain Tumor Awareness

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 5/29/2011 07:25:00 PM
Are you having fun these weekend? Me, just blogging, cleaning up..some, OK...a little...no, just blogging and reading blogs. Yea. That.

I have made a new friend through blogging. My friend's name is Zara. She runs Never Unpolished blog. She just graduated from high school this month. She's getting ready to head off to college. I think she's an awesome woman.  Zara has a brain tumor.

This month marks 'National Brain Tumor Awareness'. The awareness ribbon for this disease is gray. Zara asked if anyone would help spread the word. I readily agreed.

Here is the gray I chose...

This is OPI's 'Totally Fort Worth It' from their recent Texas collection. I actually got this at our blogger swap last April. I don't know who put that into the stack but, I'm happy I got it.

'Totally Fort Worth It' is a very soft, frosty gray. It almost looks like a faint, smoke color. I am sure this color is in Libby's coat! I was very pleased with the color. I used 2 coats and, there is still a bit of visible nail line so, 3 would have done better. I did put on a top coat but, this is what I used...

This is OPI's 'I Juggle...Men' from the Cirque Femme collection. Sort of hard to pick up on camera, this is a thin, milky overlay that has pinkish iridescent glitter.I can't state that it spices things up, but it does add a hint of irresistibility to the look.

This is one coat of 'I Juggle...Men.'

Do excuse the need for a fill-in. My nails grow crazy fast and this is just 8 days of growth!  As you can see from the overlay, it doesn't change it a lot but just a bit.  It makes 'Totally Fort Worth It' just a bit more shimmery with an iridescent glow.

I liked the look quite well. It's a nice match for my very long nails. I'm glad I got to try this look and share with you about Zara and her blog. I'm very happy to have made friends with her and wish her all the best as she goes on into her college years and beyond.  (I hope she keeps blogging; I adore her blog!! Go, check it out!)

Did you get 'Totally Fort Worth It' or 'I Juggle...Men'?

3 comments:

Zara on May 29, 2011 at 7:29 PM said...

Thank you so much; I love this post! *hugs*

Kristina on May 29, 2011 at 11:12 PM said...

This is a lovely post. :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on May 30, 2011 at 3:45 PM said...

@Zara You are a very special friend. I'm looking forward to reading about your college adventures. :)

@Kristina Thank you. :)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates