UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: The Ugly Series: Part 3, What Vampires Wear

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Ugly Series: Part 3, What Vampires Wear

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 5/19/2011 04:22:00 PM
Ready for some more ugly?

Up front, I'll confess, this is a total contradiction.  This is a brownish-red vamp color. It's Sally Hansen's 'Vivid'. And it is from at least 2 winters ago.
I admit, I only think it is ugly in the bottle. But once it is on, and particularly in the sunlight, I am ready to wrap myself in a crushed velvet cape and fly off into the twilight. OK, so it's not an original idea, but you get the point.
Some of photos drive home my feelings that this isn't such a hot color. But, alas, confession is good for the soul...I stared at it while I was sitting at stop lights.
Ah, this is the best rendition of 'Vivid.' Yes, indeed, it is vivid. I have on 3 coats and feel that a better talented nail person could have got it in 2. I topped it off with Color Club's 'Eco Chic' top coat.

Here's the reason I picked this one. I asked my husband to, quick, name a color! He didn't answer right away and started laughing and backing up at the same time. 'No! No! This isn't a trick' I tried to soothe him over. Once he realized I was definitely not set out to trick him, he chose RED. I then took that as my lead to find a red in my huge stash that I felt was ugly.
In the shadows, this color isn't so pretty. Pull it out into the sunlight, and it begins to show off. And you can't do that with 'real' vampires. I tried to explain to my husband that 'real' vampires cannot go out into the day time and they not shine either. He was left in a more confused state.

Do you find vampy reds to be beautiful?

7 comments:

Erika on May 19, 2011 at 6:11 PM said...

Love vampy reds.:)

The Peach on May 19, 2011 at 6:35 PM said...

I love vampy reds too! I don't think this is an ugly color at all! Too funny about your husband! You always crack me up!

Megan Harmeyer on May 19, 2011 at 7:38 PM said...

I don't mind this color, but I can see that it would take the "right light" for it to really come alive. LOL Total pun intended. Your poor husband.

Phyrra on May 19, 2011 at 8:11 PM said...

I think it's a gorgeous red.

FOREVER '92 on May 19, 2011 at 10:15 PM said...

Lol your husband is funny! ^_^
- I like the shimmer it has in the sunlight, but too bad the vampires can't it

Libby's Pink Vanity on May 20, 2011 at 8:10 AM said...

@Ice Queen I never want vampy reds to go out of my life :)

@Peach This vamp doesn't do well in regular light though. But it is purdy. My hubs is so fun to be around. I hope he says that about me too. ;)

@Megan LOL, you nailed it!

@Phyrra It so plays well in the light.

@Forever '92 That sunlight makes this one DANCE! I am, surely, keeping it.

Tara on May 22, 2011 at 9:06 PM said...

again, I totally love this. I'm pretty this would look really FREAKING HOT on shorter nails too.... <3 You and your uglies- I seem to love all of them lol!!!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates