UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: My Battle of the Turquoise: Winner: Carnation Creation

Monday, May 30, 2011

My Battle of the Turquoise: Winner: Carnation Creation

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 5/30/2011 06:48:00 PM
There is another wave of new polishes coming! I better hurry up and show the swatches I've made so I'll have room for more. :)

This is Finger Paint's 'Carnation Creation' and it has been used to compare to China Glaze's 'For Audrey.' I posted about 'For Audrey' here.  'For Audrey' has made it into the core line of China Glaze, surely because of its popularity. But, I like 'Carnation Creation' way better...

Yet, even with the comparisons, I actually like 'Carnation Creation' better. I wish I knew exactly why but, I just prefer this color more...
 
Listen up...I went to get my gel nails filled in. Over the next weekend, I swatched like a mofo. As I removed the polishes to reapply a new one, the fill-in disintegrated. It did it more and more as the swatch-a-thon went on. Well, damn! That salon didn't fill me in with gel; they used acrylic! Grrrrr..... Not trying to make an excuse, though. I'm pointing out how I fell for the ol' switch-a-roo.

Crappy fill-in aside, I now bring your attention to the lovely polish. Not a thing wrong with that! I did three coats and they went on smoothly. I have Seche Vite (did you know that means 'Quick Drying'?) as a top coat. I was attempting to build up the polish enough to hide the divits. That was a 'Fail' too.

Next weekend, I am going to Orlando's Premiere Show. I hope to find a nail gel that works perfectly every time and one I can do myself. (When I was in nail tech school eons ago, we actually had 'gel,' not powder!) And that can bring an end to getting duped at the nail salon.

But, high on my list, is to discover new products and upcoming releases in the beauty and nail industry. Then, share them with my loyal readers. I'm excited!

Which color do you like better: 'Carnation Creation' or 'For Audrey'?

7 comments:

The Peach on May 30, 2011 at 8:25 PM said...

I really like Carnation Creation! Very pretty! I do have For Audrey. Carnation Creation looks like a brighter, richer color! Thanks for sharing it with us!

jbrobeck on May 30, 2011 at 9:32 PM said...

I love CC, but I HATE the name! Doesn't make sense!

Bailey on May 30, 2011 at 11:59 PM said...

I love a good blue polish, and that one looks so pretty. I've never used that brand, I'll have to check it out.

Sell WoW Accounts on May 31, 2011 at 5:21 AM said...

great color!

Nicole on May 31, 2011 at 8:24 AM said...

That is pretty! I actually...like them both. O_o Haha! I can't WAIT to hear about the show, excited!

KarenD on May 31, 2011 at 4:55 PM said...

The show sounds exciting!

Libby's Pink Vanity on May 31, 2011 at 8:14 PM said...

@Peach I didn't know if I'd like it and I do. More than I imagined.

@jbrobeck It is a weird name, isn't it?

@Bailey You know you can find it at Sally's, right?

@Sell Wow Thank you!

@Nicole I can't wait to share with you. :)

@KarenD I'm going to wear my comfy shoes because I think it is going to be huge! Also, I'm holding off on purchasing Remove+ in case I find something better. :)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates