UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Tool Tuesday: Hands-Free Blower Dryer Stand

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tool Tuesday: Hands-Free Blower Dryer Stand

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 1/31/2012 07:19:00 PM
Last Tuesday, I started a series I am calling 'Tool Tuesday'. I will share with you beauty tools that I use, where I got them, and how they work for me. Some of the items you may have seen and just want to hear from someone if it works are not. That's what I'm going to tell ya!

If you missed out on last week's inaugural post, you can check it out here.

Today I am going to write about my hair dryer holder...
My guest bathroom is where I 'do' my hair. The odd contraption you see is a hair dryer holder. It is used to free up both hands while drying your hair.

(Aside note: As in both of my full bathrooms, I have the yellow vanity lights which, you can see in the upper mirror reflection. So, with that in mind, that is why the photos have a yellow cast. I haven't, yet, learned how to adjust my camera to compensate for this. I hope to learn in the upcoming photo classes starting next month.)

I had wanted one of these for years. The arm that held the dryer would always get tired and it would slow me down while I either switched hands or just plain stopped. Luckily, when I won an Amazon gift card, I knew, instantly, what I wanted to spend it on. It was this...

Hair Dryer Stand

I have only had the stand about a year. However, I have had that hair dryer for, gads, 16 years!!! It still works perfectly. I guess I take really good care of my blow dryers, eh?

The stand makes it easier for me to dry my hair, of course. But it is really handy when I want to do a blow-out. Something about using both of my hands to straighten my hair makes it quick and easy.

Granted, it is not the most attractive object...

But I do like it. Can you see the velcro strap around the nozzle? The clamp doesn't 'clamp' hard enough to hold the dryer. As you can see, the motor end is so bottom-heavy that it wants to slip out. So the velcro strap, sort of, helps it stay in. And the stand does move up and down for different heights but, I leave it right like you see it.

The investment of around $15 wasn't killer. And my arms don't get as tired since using this allows for a quicker dry. My opinion, I like it and I'm glad I got it.

Now if I can just let go of my old blow-dryer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates