UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Ashes to Ashes; Charlotte Russe Smolder Nail Polish

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Ashes to Ashes; Charlotte Russe Smolder Nail Polish

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 2/01/2012 06:00:00 PM
Spring is right around the corner (and so is my birthday...oye!) and there are bright, clean-color nail collections sprouting out everywhere. Yet, in a few collections, I am finding a dusty gray or ash color amongst the brights.

Here are a couple I just happened to swatch recently...


Charlotte Russe has nail polish on sale for $1.99. I rummaged through the collection to find something that I didn't have. I so did NOT need any nail polish, however, I couldn't resist the heart-shaped bottle. How cute!

This is 'Smolder'...

However, there is a trick going on here. My index and ring fingers have on a Forever 21 love and beauty polish called 'Grey'...


So, this polish is a gray that has a light gold shimmer to it.

But, 'Smolder' is a creme...
Check it out on my pinky here, that's 'Grey'. 'Smolder' is on my ring and middle finger.

Yet, it is really hard to see which is which on my left hand...
 This angle got the gold shimmer shimmering!
It's all in the lighting, of course. But to my naked eye, they both looked very, very close in color and finish. I used 3 coats and a top coat of Seche Vite. Well, I didn't seem to pick out a shade that I didn't already have. But, that's OK. I love these dark, smoky grays.

Which way do you spell 'GRAY'/'GREY'?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates